3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 9:38 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

Marriott Prices and holiday rates

blackbronco Silver 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone every experienced the following......I was in the process of booking a Marriott resort for a holiday weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) with Monday being the holiday and the rate on my room doubled for the Sunday night stay.....Please let me know if you encountered this.... needless to say. I DID NOT book my stay at that Marriott.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Prices and holiday rates
    lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Yes, I have encountered that.  Hotel rates are based on supply and demand.  Some fact must be influensing the number of people who want to stay Sunday night.  I have the same thing happening for an upcoming stay.  Friday and Saturday night are literally "dirt cheap."  Sundy night is not.  Trying to figure out why, I checked the city's convention and visitor bureau's website and found there is a convention starting on Monday.  It is likely that a lot of those attending the convention will be checking in on Sunday night.  When I encounter something like this I often check the rates for individual nights.  When you do this, it often surprises me that one single night will be much higher than preceeding or following nights - supply and demand.  Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I think I can answer that.

The business people start arriving for their work week.  My husband would always fly (or drive) back to the company client's location on Sunday.  That's why the hotels start opening the CL on Sunday and they close after noon on Friday because very few business people are still there on Friday.

P.S.:  The rates are only dirt cheap in business locations.  Where they make their money on tourism, rates increase on Friday and Sat. and decrease on Sunday.

Same thing with vacation points.  You can stay for fewer points beginning on Sunday, highest on Friday and Sat.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

As mentioned, rates are typically highest on nights Sun thru Thu.  However, if you are booking a 3-night stay--Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the hotel will typically give you the weekend rate on Thursday.  If there is a conference or something like that going on, the weekday rate can really jump.  I was staying mid-week at the Philadelphia Marriott and the rate was $450/night.  I got it for 25,000 points/night instead.  That hotel is now 30,000 points/night.

Touristy areas are the opposite.  You can get a room at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas for $125/night on some Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  It can go +$300/night on weekends.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...