4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 5:45 AM by lenlen82 RSS

Air conditioning issues this year

lisahtm Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone noticed that Courtyard A/C is not able to run at anything below 72 degrees and that the fans stop? 3 out of 3 in the last 2 months and I have been told that they are putting controls that don't allow the unit to go lower. WHAT? I did have one maintenance person "fix it" but that wasn't until the next day and it was a miserable night. Are we now Europe? Just wondering if I am over reacting or this is the new reality in comfort. Other Marriott's have been okay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Air conditioning issues this year
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I just came from a Courtyard last month where I could run it down to at least 70 when I arrived in the room as it was rather warm, no issue at all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Many Courtyards ive been to have poor A/C units (Fairfields are even worse). i went to a courtyard in Houston that had in-room placards that said don't set it below 70 degrees and said why--the unit freezes over and stops working.  The A/C in that hotel was fine, but the one in the Palo Alto Courtyard is not good.  It froze over and engineering came over with a blow dryer to thaw the unit out.  The problem was that even at 68 degrees, the room was still quite warm.  I have stopped staying at Courtyards for extended stays due to their below average A/C units.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

A lot of the hotels have under window units that don't even have thermostats.

And the Ren. Atlanta, GA Concourse doesn't seem to ever cool down at night.  With the goose down comforters, it really gets uncomfortable.  Our son just unzips the comforter cover and uses it as his cover there.  He hates that location for that reason.  

lenlen82 Member 1 Reviews

Very helpful discussion! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one even though it's a different state, it's still the same hotel brand.

Location Brand Hotel
    Massachusetts, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...