1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 6:43 AM by erc RSS

Marriott.com Lowest Price - Not so accurate

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So is anyone else noticing this trend lately?

I pulled up a list of available hotels for the Tampa area for next week.  I have been staying at a courtyard that has a 139/night M-W then 69/night for Th night.  I see on the list page that the lowest price is $69/night but then on the view rates list, no where is that 69/night rate listed.

Now I generally can't stand how it shows the lowest rate for the one night of your stay, while the balance is something quite something different.  The old way was to show the prevailing rate for your stay and notes when there's a one night difference.  The OLD way was far better for me because if I'm staying in a property and paying for it, someone else is actually paying for it and I have set rates to stay within.  Having to dig really is making it a pain in the nether regions.

This however is completely frustrating.  I can't even find the dang rate it shows!  This isn't isolated to this one courtyard, its across many properties here in Tampa.  Its almost enough to make me expand my horizons to some other brands locally.  I mean I love the perks of plat prem status but having lifetime plat...hmmm..

mr1.jpgmr2.jpg

so is it me or is anyone else frustrated by these changes and somewhat bait/switch pricing? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...