9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2014 3:58 PM by fschumpert RSS

Which Marriott Vacation Club resort Hilton Head Island is best for kids?

willmoac Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are thinking about taking a vacation on Hilton Head Island (SC) in summer 2014, and wondered which is the best resort when traveling with kids? The ages will be 12, 11 & 8.

Ideally looking for a resort with a combination of pools, perhaps outdoor games/sports courts for kids. We have only stayed at Cypress Harbour (FL) before when we have used MVCI properties in the US. We usually spent our vacations at one of the European MVCI resorts.

Also what else is on Hilton Head Island suitable for kids?

Thanks,

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
  • Re: Which Marriott Vacation Club resort Hilton Head Island is best for kids?
    hm212 Gold 1 Reviews

I haven't been to Hilton Head, but the Myrtle Beach vacation club is great for kids.  I have owned there for the last five years and my girls (now 14 & 11) love it in Myrtle Beach and have a great time.

Kids activity club with a wonderful staff, two swimming pools, tot lot and a very family property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I suggest you check the Timeshare User Group forum regarding information about Marriott timeshares on Hilton Head. You can register as a guest to access the forum and you can find extensive information about all of the timeshares on Hilton Head as well as suggested activity in the area. I own MVC timeshares in other locations, so I can't provide much help in this area. People seem to recommend Grand Ocean, Surfwatch, and Barony the most based on my observations. All three are located on the beach. I think your family would enjoy almost any MVC in the area.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Hilton Head is more laid back with lots of tropical looking vegetation all over.  There are restrictions for signs and building permits so there can't be a lot more building going on and the McDonald's sign is only about 3 feet high.  Lots of bike and foot paths going over the island with some nice miniature golf places and lots of golfing.

It's an easy drive to Charleston, SC and its scenic carriage rides, but Charleston isn't one of my favorite places in the summer since there are so many tourists then.  (It's not as bad as Savannah, GA in the summer, though.)  There's also the aquarium in Charleston that has the Civil War sub in it that was recovered at least a decade ago.

There are kayaking tours from one company on HH and I think there are dolphin watching tours along most of the coastline.

Myrtle Beach has more of a carnival atmosphere with places like Hard Rock Cafe, Medieval Times (which has an internet site that offers discounts including birthday offers), lots of miniature golf and golf and probably better beaches than Hilton Head.  Lots of tourist info centers there and the Big Book of Coupons has lots of offers, including the big Ferris wheel close to the beach that changes colors with the lights that outline it at night.  Several big malls there that have a larger variety of eating places than in Hilton Head and lots of activities for kids there, too.  The Commons mall has segway rentals.  Most of the shows are near the vacation club mentioned by hm212.  Also there's a big water park at MB.

Come to think of it, for kids, it would be MB.  For adults, it would be HH.

I LOVE going to HH.    

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I would recommend The Marriott Grande Ocean on Hilton Head Island for a family like yours.  It has everything kids like:  ping pong table, pool table, fuzball table, shuffleboard, bocci, indoor and multiple outdoor pools.  It has at least six hot tubs.  It's on the ocean!  Can't go wrong with this property. 

Location Brand Hotel
    Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Been there many times - recommend Grand Ocean if you want to be on ocean. However, we like the Harbor Club in Sea Pines (great for children), and they offer free shuttle bus to the beach. See photos below:

Hilton Head, S.C. - Harbour Town (Sea Pines)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...