7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2015 9:58 AM by KenFlytoJW RSS

Is TVL rate still eligible for the points and stay credits????

niconico Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I stayed at Lisbon Marriott recently using TVL(travel industry rate) for 5 nights. waiting for more than 10 days, points and credit hadn't been appeared on my account, so I contacted Marriott Rewards UK & Ireland.

Thier answwer was:

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.

I was advised by the Lisbon Marriott that the special discounted travel industry rate that you have booked under is not eligible for the points or elite nights.

I did credit for you the 500 Platinum arrival points as that should be credited regardless of the eligibility of the reservation for the elite nights or points.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely,

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My friend had had the same problem, he raised this issue and got the answer which TVL was eligible.... please refer the following link;

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/11456

Then I contacted Marriott Rewards again with this, however the response was;
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your reply.

The Travel Industry rate eligibility is set up by the individual hotels and eligibility will depend on the amount of discount the hotel offers on the rate. There is not one rule that covers all Travel Industry rates. I apologize that we cannot make any exceptions with regard to this.

Yours sincerely,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does this mean Marriott doesn't have ONE policy regarding the points and stay credits???

I was very disappointed with this matter and confused, which discourage me to book Marriott in the future.... 

Does anyone help me, pleeeeeeeease!!! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is TVL rate still eligible for the points and stay credits????
    markzz2 Platinum 1 Reviews

Here we go again.

The inconsistency of applying points and night credits is really frustrating. Some time you get them on a TVL rate and sometimes you do not. However when you make the booking at the bottom of the confirmation it never mentions you will not get the credits in the conditions.

Often the TVL rate is not cheap, and there are other corporate rates that are far cheaper that DO get points and nights, and yet TVL users often do not.

Some consistency would be useful so at least we would know when we book.

Good Luck, I think the TVL should attract points and nights but the cheaper TVL Family and Friends rates and FAM rates do not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dkbrigs27th Platinum

What is going on with The travel Industry rate? I just was told that Marriott is no longer going to Credit days stayed or give points for Travel Industry Rate. I'm not happy with this since I run a flight department  that has used the travel industry rate. We spend $250.000 dollars a year at Marriott for our company. Why the change?

r.sharp Platinum

As reported before there is some confusion once in a while, but according Marriott's T&C TVL rates are eligible !

This is not the case for family&friends rates, contract rates and fam-tastic (bookable via special website) rates.

fmkgb Platinum

Can the Community Manager or someone who works for Marriott Corporate please confirm definitively whether the TVL rate code is currently eligible to receive nights and points for travel WORLDWIDE?

I was told by MR Platinum desk yesterday that according to new rules they are no longer eligible. The rule has been on the books for years but was never enforced. She retrieved my 5 night stay from February in China which she says Corporate has rejected because it was booked with TVL. (Chinese hotel said stay WAS eligible) She read me Marriott notes from this week's    MR Customer Service Staff morning meeting and it was clear from her notes that TVL is no longer eligible. However, another poster on a different board called a Canadian office this week and was told that the TVL rate IS eligible. Perhaps there are different rules in different countries and Marriott is not giving points/nights to agents in USA but IS giving it to agents in other countries (e.g., Canada).

Prompt clarification by a Marriott Corporate representative would be appreciated.

KenFlytoJW Gold 7 Reviews

It's pretty clear to me now that Marriott is not honoring the TVL code for nights stayed or points.  I've had many stays in the first two quarters that have not been credited.  I've also had correspondence with Marriott that they are not eligible.

My question is this.  for Those using the TVL code and that work for Major Airlines,

Have you switched to another company?  I heard SPG but is there a nationwide discount code for SPG? and do they pay points?

I'm looking to take my business elsewhere.

thanks

Ken

r.sharp Platinum

Since TVL rates are not eligible, my focus is not solely to the Marriott Group anymore. I've switched to Sheraton Rome in july; better rate and honoring nighs/points !

Google: " Starwood how to book airline employee rates " for the link to SPG airline rates.

markzz2 Platinum 1 Reviews

In my experience, though Hyatt have similar rules (they do not award nights or point credit) for Travel Industry rates the discounts on the room rate makes up for it. The discounts are always better than Marriott, which seems to have a TVL rate higher than all the other discounts (weekend rates/AAA/corporates etc).

I have swapped to Hyatt in several cities and although they do not award status credits they do recognise that I am a regular customer and to be honest in some cases the recognition is better than Marriott even though I am Plat Lifetime. For example a card from the manager congratulating me on my tenth stay and an invitation to the Club Lounge for my stay which was much appreciated and made an impact on me!

Initially I felt sad that I was not being loyal to Marriott, but I am enjoying trying alternatives now, and saving money.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...