2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 9:05 AM by mrebis RSS

Question

509385407 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone encountered a rude Front Desk Associate at a Residence Inn?  I have been staying at a RI for 4 months - one week at the hotel and one week at home.

I tried to schedule my Sept visits last evening and the Clerk communicated that there were no rooms available due to a Nass(sp) Car Race occurring on one of the weekends.  I reminded him that I stay here on a weekly basis and always have a confirmed room.

He told me that he does not have the "credentials" to make any decision and he will not be calling anyone who does and huge up on me.

Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Well, NASCAR races are extremely popular and often bring 100k + to town.  It doesn't surprise me at all to hear the property is sold out.  did you go in line and try to book that way?  You could al;so call the hotel and ask to be put on a waiting list or try to call the 800 number and see if there is anything corporate can do.  good luck

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question
    mrebis Platinum 8 Reviews

I would definitely raise the question up the chain.  Marriott, as a rule, does not condone rude behavior and I'm sure someone with authority would be willing to work with you particularly because of your past stays.  Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...