29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 9:14 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Local Restaurants-Charlotte?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey gang,

I'm in Charlotte for the week. I'm based at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. I'm looking for the down and dirty, can't miss, local joints. What food(s) can I only find in the Charlotte area that I can't get anywhere else?

Suggestions, please.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
  • Re: Local Restaurants-Charlotte?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Nana's soul food restaurant, only about a half-mile from the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

Try contacting "Shoeman", he lives there and seems to really know good places!

If you don't hear from him, I am sure you will get some positive responses!

Thanks JC...I'll put a shout out to shoeman1000 . I thought he was a Texas lad. Either way, I'm sure he's in the know!!

PP,

"Help is on the way"!

Shoeman is Charlotte, IAHFLYR is Houston!!

The one place, that I really enjoyed for it's food and pricing, not far from The Marriott, was:

Roosters!

Great food, shakes, and drinks!

Hope it is as good today, as it was a few years ago.

I'll look it up, JC, and see what it has to offer.  Thanks

erc Platinum

Currently in Charlotte on road trip (will do a write up upon return), but where did I go first?

Easy, Roosters!

20140623_130257_resized.jpg

Roosters - South Park location

20140623_132008_resized.jpg

The Infamous Insider favorite - The Pistachio Milkshake

If Insiders ever want to get rid of erc - just have jerrycoin write that he enjoyed a hemlock smoothie at The Socrates Cafe and that'll be all she wrote, as I'll try it!

erc,

Wonderful photo's!

I don't have any, but I hope you enjoyed the place as much as I did!

Never had a Pistachio shake before or since, but I sure enjoyed the place, and the lady owner was very nice to me!

Look forward to going back and sharing a meal with The specified item was not found.!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Erc/Jerry

Erc  -  I wish i were there but alas I am in Boston.  I hope you enjoyed the meal, this place has become a favorite of me and my wife's.

Jerry  -  I look forward to a meal together some time down the road.

shoeman

erc Platinum

Shoe

Just back from a fine cut of meat at Firebirds, staying at the Marriott SouthPark, they said since you moved to Charlotte and therefore don't stay here anymore, they'd give me your room - The Presidential Suite - how about that?!

20140623_124212_resized.jpg

erc,

You are at it again!

Enjoy the fine room!

Especially, have a wonderful trip!

Erc

I spent many, many nights at the SouthPark Marriott.  Great place in a great area.  Nice room!  Please let me know next time your work brings you to my part of the world.   Not home much during the week, but am available from time to time.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

shoeman1000,

Make sure you get to North End and eat at Carmen's......awesome!

IAH

did not have a chance to eat at carmen's this time, but did have a meal at DAILY CATCH.  One of my favorites….

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Nice, When I visited, the place was packed wall to wall.

As I left the restaurant, I left my kindle so had to return. It had already been put in the safe and was waiting for me. Great folks there. I likely wouldn't have tried this place without the recommendations of two MRI superstars, but I'm glad I did.

bejacob, and shoeman1000,

You guys are great!

We all should strive to get together at Rooster's in Charlotte!  All MRI's invited!

There are so many great places for us to enjoy in the future!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

There's also a Capital Grille downtown.  High price, but unsurpassed quality.

PP,

Good luck, and let us know how you fare!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm taking notes. I'll be at this property in a couple weeks. Always good to listen to the recommendations of those who have already been there.

These guys are great, bejac, and the hotel is very nice.

Pained

Darn, I wish I were in town, I would buy you a beer.  I am in nyc today/tomorrow, columbus oh. wed-thurs, back to clt on friday.  Anyway, good memory.  I lived in Houston for 10 years and dallas for 20 years.  Just moved to Charlotte last October.  Im not certain I know where the Charlotte suites Hotel is located.  Is that right off Tyvola?  Either way, here's a few of our favorite places:

Good Food on Montfort  -  outstanding, interesting fare.  Nouveu cuisine.  small bites.  delicious.  medium expensive.

Upstream   -  on Fairview near SouthPark Mall.   Seafood.   medium expensive

Wolfgang Puck's    on Fairview in the Phillips Place shopping complex.  pizza, pasta and steaks.  new concept for Wolfgang.  nice.  moderate priced

All the steakhouses are nearby:  The Palm, Del Frisco's, Ruth's Chris are all within a mile of Southpark mall.

Chuy's Mexican Grill just opened at Colony and Sharon.  Also within spitting distance of Southpark mall.

Roosters   - also very close.. Jerry Coin turned me on to this place and it is becoming a favorite of ours.  moderately expensive.

I also have a great Italian if you need one.  Or, if you have a specific type you are looking for let me know and I will advise asap.

shoeman.

pained:  2 more good ones

toscana  - great Italian with a fantastic patio area.  down the street on Colony from Roosters.  walking distance from the Marriott Southpark.

cafe monte  - french      in Phillips place shopping asrea on Fairview near sharon rd.  med expensive

Shoeman

Shoe,

Many thanks, I'll pick a couple from your list to add to a few from the locals.   AND yes, the Ren is right off Tyvola.  

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Pained, make sure you get into some pulled pork BBQ as well......be as shame to be in CLT and not get some of the wonderful flavor.

IAH, Oh yes, I always look for the BBQ in areas known for such.

shoeman1000,

Ate at both Toscana, and Cafe Monte, both very good!  Wow, both of them can get some real crowds!

These places are in a wonderful area of town!

went to Toscana on Friday and Roosters on Saturday.  both great meals.  Went to Cafe Monte a few months back, there was a band there that night, pretty copal time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...