2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 12:43 PM by mr.sing RSS

Marriott/United points to miles conversion?

nickatnight Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

How do you go about converting Marriott points to United Miles. What is the conversion rate. How about buying a hotel and air package?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott/United points to miles conversion?
    erc Platinum

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott/United points to miles conversion?
    mr.sing Platinum

to Nickatnight,

Glad you brought this up as I'm getting ready to do the same thing. from my experiences with marriott rewards, the best and most for your points way is to cash in a package (example: 5/7 night Marriott stay, airline miles for 2, and Hertz rent-a-car voucher)......if you choose the direct Marriott points to United miles, YOU WILL take a direct hit on your points balance and I think you could do better. They will NOT give you a good conversion rate from points to miles thus causing you to burn up your points very fast. At least with the package deal, if you don't need the hotel (like I don';t a lot of times, it's good for 2 years, but you must extend it out after 1 year) and end up using it another time. As far as the airline miles, all of the airlines and hotels have tightened up their accounts and are charging more points for miles (sure seems like that), anyway, you might luck out and hit a special from the airlines using less miles to go somewhere which would save you some points. I've been doing this since the beginning of the program and it's been fun and frustrating the entire time. My advice is to be very flexible, patient with the customer service staff and be extremely nice and courteous, and additionally nice to the airline staff as well.....Good luck! Mr. Sing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...