0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 1:04 AM by zukracer RSS

Craziest, funniest, oddest comments when interacting with staff at properties

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Ok, we've all had those odd conversations with hotel staff.  Sometimes funny, sometimes rather odd and sometimes just crazy.  I've often found these happen when there's a communication gap, often while traveling internationally but then again...

One of the funnier ones for me was when trying to ask someone to bring a plunger to the room.  This is often an embarrassing conversation for folks but if you travel enough its one you will have.  We definitely had a language gap and I tried every way I could to politely say the toilet required a plunger or maintenance person.  Finally not knowing any other way to say it out comes "the toilet is no longer accepting donations" ... to which I got the look from my wife (you know the one, the what did you just say look ) and what could only be described as people literally rolling on the floor laughing hysterically.  When they finally stopped, I was told in perfect english that someone would be up to assist in a few minutes.

So what's some of the crazier things you have said to or heard a staff member say. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...