2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 12:16 AM by eb5147 RSS

Has anyone had any problems with their TV or internet access with Dish at a Marriott location?

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A few months ago, the RI here changed to Dish net.  Several good networks were lost and now, NBC isn't even available.

The blockage screen says that Raycom Media has blocked access because Raycom is demanding unreasonable rate increases to carry this channel.  DISH as offered to pay what DISH's primary competitors pay for the same content.  DISH is offering a free preview of CSN on channel 116.  (How would CSN be relevant to blockage of NBC?)

Not only that, but pixels shift every time there is an atmospheric change, especially at night or in rain.

Four Korean stations were added when we lost some of our favorite stations, but they don't seem to ever go out like the regular DISH stations do on a frequent basis.

And then a month or 2 ago, the internet has to be signed up for daily with free upgrades for elite gold or plat. for up to 3 computers per room.  Upgrade is $4.95 per day, but I have to sign up at least every 12 hours which is really aggravating since it's supposed to be a daily rate.  Every computer has to sign in, which is normal, but not twice a day.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montgomery, Alabama, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montgomery
  • Re: Has anyone had any problems with their TV or internet access with Dish at a Marriott location?
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I agree on the internet login requirement - stupid to do this every day (or 12 hours). I had inquired why, and the provider wants to have "statistics on daily use" rather than room use. An option I have used (when I have long-term stays like 6+ months) is to ask the desk staff to have my IP address automatically bypass the logins. Also, I can get preferred bandwidth with a dedicated IP on their server.

As for TV stations, I do not have any idea why the CY-Calgary would air the Oprah Winfrey Channel (with an average of 350K viewers) and NOT offer FoxNews (viewership > 8M)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...