4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 12:36 AM by zukracer RSS

Parking

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I Recently stayed at a hotel in New Orleans and parking was 38 a night. It's now over 42.  Anybody notice this? Both stays are during the week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Parking
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I've not been to that property but parking prices at a Tampa full service property have prevented me from staying there.  The nice part is at a few places they have waived the parking fees (less tips of course) for parking garages and valet as part of my status perks, many without having to be asked .  The problem I see is that while its a way to increase their bottom line, it could very easily start driving folks to other brands.  Be it personal or business travel, a parking fee, especially @ 20% or more of the nightly cost will certainly cause me to shop around regardless of how amazing the place is....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

So I'm assuming this was somewhere between Canal and Iberville just a block from Bourbon Street...  The website for the CY there still says $38/night for valet parking.  I'll be there in a few weeks for a long weekend with my lovely bride and using MR points for the room.  But paying $42 a night to park my car there?  Not sure I like that part.

I'm sure you can park yourself and save a big chunk of that fee.  I know parking in that part of NOLA is premium, so it's going to cost no matter where your ride sits overnight.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Try San Francisco, Fisherman's Wharf Marriott is $50 a night.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

true but in cities like SF, LA, Seattle, DC, NYC and to some extent Boston, I find if you are going to be in the city proper, having a car is more of a pain than pleasure.  For the days I need a car to venture beyond public transportation's reach, I find a local rental shop (often in/near the hotel) and grab a rental for 1-2 days.  By renting from local spots you get around tons of taxes/fees that airport locations charge too   

FYI anytime I go to NYC from Long Island, I park out east and train it into the city.  Parking for my truck is $85+/day.... IF they will even park it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...