6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 3:48 AM by kharada46 RSS

"Voo-doo" food in Honolulu?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

KH,

A dining place that fascinates me, and I have never been, is

Jawaiian,

Located at 1137, 11th Ave., in Honolulu.

They are famous for their goat, chicken wings, and Jamaican food!

Also, every last Friday of the month is "Eat the streets" in Honolulu.

Can you share any experiences, or can any other MRI?

Nearest Marriott property?

It sounds like a "Voo-doo" great time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Honolulu Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
  • Re: "Voo-doo" food in Honolulu?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jerrycoin,

You really expect him to see this?  LOL  This time next week kharada46 will be a married man and they will be celebrating at the JW!!!

Now me on the other hand, I'd love to learn of Voo-doo, just don't know when but I bet he will reply soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Surprise!  I'm here!  bahahaha!

I've never had Jawaiian Irie Jerk Chicken, but have heard great things about it!  That kind of stuff is hard for me because I don't care for/can't handle spicy food!

Anyhow, Eat the Street is every last Friday of the month in Kaka'ako, which is in between the Ward shopping complex and downtown Honolulu.  This area will see ENORMOUS change in the next decade as the entire area is slated for re-development, but for now, it is a great place for foodies.  Hank's Haute Dogs, Whole Ox Deli, 53 by the Sea, and more call Kaka'ako home.  But I digress.  I have been to Eat the Street a few times, though, and it's great!  Just bear in mind it's all food trucks and most only take cash.  A few take credit card.

As you can see, last month was spicy theme:  Eat The Street: Spicy

And here are event photos of Eat the Street from Nonstop Honolulu:  http://www.nonstophonolulu.com/eating/did-this-eat-the-street-spicy/

If you're coming to Oahu at the end of the month and want to attend, Nonstop Honolulu usually post a list of who's attending the specials they'll be offering.  List usually goes up either on Wednesday, Thursday, or day of.

Nearest Marriott properties will be, of course, the Waikiki Beach Marriott and the Courtyard Waikiki.  Courtyard is technically the closest though. 

Location Brand Hotel
      Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Waikiki Beach
      Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

kh,

Thanks for all the valuable information.

It's events and places like this that can really add a lot of pleasure to ones travels!  Likewise, it is also a great way to save a lot of money as well!

Have a wonderful trip, and keep us informed.

Congratulations!

Jerry,

Eat the Street is fun!  So are the HFBF Farmers' Markets at KCC, Neil Blaisdell Center, etc. are also fun!  Great ways to really find unique things!

IAHFLYR,

I knew KH would come thru!

If you get to Honolulu, this event sounds like a lot of fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...