8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2013 11:01 PM by midloplatinum RSS

Long wait times for Platinum line

williamanan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Why have an exclusive platinum number if take more than 20 minutes to get someone on the line. I had over 110 nights in Marriott last year. I should be one of your customers that should not have to wait for 20+ minutes to get help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Long wait times for Platinum line
    frequenttraveled Gold 1 Reviews

I have been on hold 7 minutes then disconnected.  The agent took my cell number and told me he would call me back if we got disconnected.  No call back.  I waited 16 minutes on my call back and the person on the line told me he would transfer me to Customer Care, (I thought I was calling customer care).  After 5 more minutes someone came on the line and I repeated everything again.  Thankfully Kevin was very understanding and offered me a reasonable solution to my complaint.  Marriott needs more CS agents like Kevin. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

The wait on the Platinum line seems to have increased significantly.  It seems like the line used to be answered almost immediately (by a person after entering your MR account number).  Now, I have had delays - 2 - 5 minutes at most.  I am not complaining, only commenting that the service level seems to have decreased.  Possibly there are just too many of us!

txnroses Platinum

I waited 45 minutes two weeks ago...... thought problem was fixed....... it wasn't so I had to call back........ another 32 minute late!!!!!  Priblem still not resolved.  Very frustrating!!!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Send them a bill for 10,000 points to be credited to your account due to wasted time.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Think this is my 2nd reply to this subject.  I just called the Plat line to make a reservation using a certificate.  Wait time was 2 min 40 seconds, completely reasonable.  Most significant was the wonderful service that Ann (I did not get her last name) provided!  She was competent and very friendly.  She said she was requesting a Platinum upgrade in the reservation.  Finally, she confirmed all details and thanked me for being a loyal Marriott customer.  A+

koolinamike Platinum 1 Reviews

I call in regularly and have only experienced wait times of 1 minute or less.   Usually, much less.   The level of service off of the Platinum line is usually exceptional.

midloplatinum Platinum

Me too, I don't think I've ever been on hold longer than a minute.  I suppose if you call at 5 pm, the wait is longer because a gazillions other platinums are calling.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...