6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2013 8:51 AM by lorenzo78 RSS

Can you exchange Reward Point for time share stays?  (ORLANDO, FL)

lorenzo78 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking to book my Orlando vacation at a resort style property OR a time share.  Does anyone know of any convenient ways to accomplish this?  In Truth...I stay annually at the Wyndham on International Drive.  It had a nice pool side bar but had let itself go in recent years.  Its currently being remodeled and rebuilt.  But I am looking for that resort-ish experience where two adults can drink by the pool and have adult things to do on our Park-Off days!  Looking for any tips or recommendations!  Thank you!   

Sincerely,

The New Guy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can you exchange Reward Point for time share stays?  (ORLANDO, FL)
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Well, you can reserve a stay at a MVCI property on MR points. It takes a lot of points and availability can be a challenge. Do you know anyone that has an Interval International Membership? Many times the Orlando getaways can be purchased for $500/week. Totally transferrable and legit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lorenzo78 Silver

tker I dont.  I am COMPLETELY green at this.  I even have to take a stab at MVCI standing for Marriott Vacation Club International lol.  Whats the best resource for locating MVCI properties.  I'm actually not a big fan of the Marriott Website.  It's not very consistent.

Thanks!

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

lorenzo78-

Trying to use MR points for a timeshare resort (in Florida, no less) is about as easy as winning the POWERBALL lottery. (Maybe the lottery is easier.lol)

There is a "priority" list of who gets first 'dibs' on the vacation club villas.

1. multiple week owners at that particular resort

2. single week owners at that particular resort
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

10. people using MR points

I understand the Marriott Grand Lakes is beautiful as well as the JW. Since it's just for 2 adults, these would be a better option. MVCI villas in Florida are usually 'noisy' with kids. (I know we've been to Grand Vista with and without grandkids-either way, it's noisy.)

Marriott World Center would be an option, too.  Use the marriott website and search-using the resort pictures, etc.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I agree with tker that using Interval International getaways is likely the best deal, even if you have to pay the membership fee.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi lorenzo:

What time of year are you planning to go?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...