9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 4:15 AM by kevbat RSS

Yippee! Marriott Rewards and American Aadvantage Programs have re-united!

kevbat Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thank you!  This has made my day! Now I need to get the CitibankAA card again. Anyone know any good promo's for like 50K miles?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Yippee! Marriott Rewards and American Aadvantage Programs have re-united!
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Where did you find this out?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

That IS good news!  I'm flying Delta at the moment, but prefer flying AA when going anywhere but the eastern US.  Thanks Marriott and AA...

kathylu Silver 1 Reviews

We would also love to get those 50,000 miles from the AA card...just haven't gotten any offers in the mail just yet!  Perhaps if you fly with them they will offer it on board!

lorenzo78 Silver

I have TWO of these cards.  The biggest promotion they have right now is for 35K miles for purchases in a 3 month time frame.  I have both the Marriott Black and the AA Citi Cards.  So I am PUMPED about this!

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

If I remember correctly, I received an email about this from Marriott sometime before the 4th of July!

Citi&reg

Found a promo for 40K Miles. But gonna wait to try for 50K.

Never got an email, but saw AA listed for rewards again and found an article on Google.

jjofriends Gold 4 Reviews

As someone who flies American pretty much exclusively, this is pretty awesome.  I'm not sure about the direct mileage accrual rates relative to the conversion rates, though; it doesn't quite add up to me.

For example, at FFI, and factoring out the credit cards, you earn 10 points per dollar, plus bonus points for elite status.  Or you can earn one mile per dollar.  But with enough points, there's a minimum 5/1 conversion rate from points to miles (gets better if you convert more points).

After some digging, I found the page that allows for the conversion, and didn't see any restrictions, only that it could be a slow process (says six weeks).

Am I missing something here as to why people would go directly to mile accural, instead of converting at the right time, other than uncertainty of if the program will last (given it's gone away before)?  If not, it looks to make much more sense to accrue the normal points, and then convert to miles when a trip is on the horizon. 

Just got his offer. But the $450.00 (ouch!) annual fee seems high.

Ascend to a new level of luxury with the
    Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard®*

Apply now, get the card and earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership1. Citibank Online Consumer Card - Enter Information

This is your passport to a world of luxury benefits:

• Admirals Club® membership (a membership value of
      up to $500)2
    • Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year3
    • No foreign transaction fees on purchases**
    • Earn two AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases4
    • Expert Concierge Service

Enjoy these VIP benefits and more for an annual fee of $450**

I already get admission to the Admiral's Club with my Amex Plat. card. But since AA is back with Marriott, I will be dumping Delta and I may consider switching from Amex to Citicard. Any thoughts??? Fees for both cards are about the same.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...