2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 12:29 PM by browncrew RSS

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview Category 6?

browncrew Gold 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When did the Newport Beach Marriott Bayview become a category 6? I just stayed there on a Marriott Rewards anniversary free night last year when it was a category 5.

There's no wat it should be a 6. Maybe if it was in the middle of Kansas.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Newport Beach, California, USA
  • Re: Newport Beach Marriott Bayview Category 6?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Browncrew,

Marriott bumped up the hotel category of all of the good Cat. 4 and Cat. 5 hotel locations in California back in mid-May of this year to Cat. 5 and 6 as part of a comprehensive watering down of the hotel categories across all brands in the Marriott stable (and the creation of the new category 9).  Welcome to the new Marriott.

I admit that although I like the Marriott Newport Bayview (all suite hotel) there at Back Bay, I won't pay to stay there anymore.  I can stay at the Irvine Marriott (cat. also bumped up from 4 to 5) only a fast 5 minutes away for a lot less dinero, or else use the cat. 5 cert. there.  When Marriott pushes, we must try and push back as best we can.  They are getting less and less of my money, more and more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...