3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 5:42 PM by txnroses RSS

Horseshoe Bay, Texas Marriott Resort--Feedback on this property

dreamtrip Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a vacation in October to San Antonio and thought we may enjoy the Texas Hill Country because we love wine.  I am a Marriott rewards platinum member and I try to be loyal to Marriott.  This resort has very mixed reviews so I thought I would try and get feedback from the Marriott community.  Any feedback on the pros and cons of this property would be appreciated.  Are  there good wineries within 30 miles?  How about restaurants?  We love good food but we wouldn't want to drive too far at night.  we thought we may not want to stay here for more than 1 or 2 nights.  Maybe we would want to stay in the Fredericksburg area. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Horseshoe Bay, Texas, USA
  • Re: Horseshoe Bay, Texas Marriott Resort--Feedback on this property
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

HI Dreamtrip!

We stayed at Horseshoe Bay about 7 years ago. We stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom town home. Back then the town home/condos were part of the Marriott Horseshoe Bay, and I booked it on the website. It was great! Townhomes have a small pool of their own, which we did not use. But we used the pools at the Main hotel, and also at the Horshoe bay resort(it was included, and was nice...on the lake with  a HUGE jacuzzi). We had breakfast at the hotel, and it was good. And we ate dinner at a couple of the restaurants which were good. The grounds are beautiful...be prepared to walk! There is a beautiful Japanese garden, and also a beautiful mini golf course, which was fun. The husbands enjoyed the true Golfcourses. We all rented jetskis one day, and had a blast on the lake! The spa was nice, too..nothing fancy, but good massages.

I am not sure about the area. So I can't help with that.

However, if you are going to San Antonio, the JW there is fantastic!  You might want to check it out.

Have a wonderful trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

While I've never been to the Horseshoe Bay Resort and may be visiting it in a few weeks I have to ask, Texas wines really and I live in Texas?  If you're coming to Texas for wines I would suggest that you move your destination to California, if not come for wines as the state is a great place to visit such spots as Austin and San Antonio.  Fredericksburg is a great location and you can find excellent BBQ joints all over the area as well as Austin/San Antonio. 

txnroses Platinum

I love the Horseshoe Bay resot.  They have the main hotel....... townhomes.......... and something they call Paceos (sp?) 

The Paceos are right next to the main hotel and have a living area two bedrooms, full kitchen, dining room, and another game room.  Bedrooms are upstars and have balconies.  One is large enough for 8-10 people to sit outside.  They also have a back deck on the ground floor.  PERFECT for families.  And you can keep costs down by having the kitchen.

I have also stayed in the main hotel and it is great.  Staff is friendly and helpful.  Dining is good.  Whitewater putt putt is super fun.  Hotel has a spa and multi pools, multi golf courses, multi tennis courts.......... too much to experience in one stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...