This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 4:39 PM by missgee RSS

Should Hotel Reviews be Segregated?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Over the years, I've looked forward to gaining travel info and Marriott Rewards tips and advice from this site..Marriott Insiders. When the nice folks that manage the site introduced the idea of hotel reviews, it sounded logical and helpful. Unfortunately, the volume of these reviews has had the effect of a Tsunami on the other types of posts and topics. All and any in the way of the reviews get swept away quickly. Quite often, I have to page back several times to see things that used to be close to the "top". 

My question is this....... Since the reviews are popular to post and certainly bring a value to the site, please keep them coming. BUT would it make more sense and be more user friendly to dump these reviews in their own category?   I see many folks with questions that go unanswered simply because their questions get swept away. There are many great blog posts and photo albums that never see the light of day. If people want to read reviews for a particular property, don't we think they'll seek them out?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should Hotel Reviews be Segregated?
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

agree completely!  great suggestion.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Agree 100%

erc Platinum

I agree.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Agree. Helpful info, but looking up a review for a specific property is easy. Keep the home page for current discussions and questions.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Great idea.  I've been frustrated by the noise all the reviews injected into the discussions.  Separating them allows keeping the value but removing the noise.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Oh.  I thought all the reviews were due to the contest.  Now that it's over I suspect all those people who created accounts for a chance to win will magically disappear. 

erc Platinum

What'dya say missgee, I couldn't find you. Even though your post was last evening, it was hundreds of posts away.

erc Platinum
        From Urban Dictionary
        From Urban Dictionary (which is my Rosetta Stone for dealing with millenial athletes and proteges)
        Don't Hate The Playa/Playette Hate The Game
        Do not fault the successful participant in a flawed system; try instead to discern and rebuke that aspect of its organization which allows or encourages the behavior that has provoked your displeasure.

I like the reviews and reviewers, not a big fan of the flooding of the system, but I sleep well knowing that the tech team knows this, so all is good.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Very good idea.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I appreciated the ease of completing a review.  Thanks Merb and tech staff. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...