0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 1:28 PM by wornoutdad RSS

Best Florida Vacation EVER!!!!!!!

wornoutdad Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are a family of five, Mom, Dad, a Boy, a Girl and a dog.  Ok, the dog for some may not officially count, but don't let my 85lb German Shepherd hear that!  We are blessed to have two wonderful children, however; they both have special needs.  Being a parent is challenging in the best of circumstances and having children with extra needs is a bit more daunting to say the least.  My wife and I decided to reward ourselves and the kids with the first family vacation we had ever taken (my son was age 9 and my daughter 5).  We decided to go to Disneyworld, Florida for a week.  As anyone who has gone to Disneyworld, it isn't an inexpensive trip.  It seems the Majic at the kingdom comes with a premium price (the magic is how my money disappeared so quick).  My work involves traveling and sevral nights a month away from home.  I had almost forgotten about my REWARDS points until I saw the cost of hotels on site at Disneyworld and how tiny they were (hence the song "it's a small world after all).  We found paradise in the way of the Marriott Gran Vista!!  This is a beautiful place just minutes (literally) from Seaworld and a few more minutes from the front gate of Disney.  We had an incredible two bedroom villa complete with: Kitchen, dining room, two bathrooms, two balconies and three TV's.  MY god I wanted to move in for the rest of my life, I had found paradise.  The resort has a private lake, beach, clubhouse and pool.  The have bike rentals to ride around the property, my children chose one that had the parents up front (side-by-side) peddling while they rode in the back rickshaw style.  The days at Disney were only made better by coming back to "home" not a hotel room at night.  The kids loved having there own queen size beds in their room and we had our own room on the other side of the living room (close enough yet far enough).  My daughter told me it was like having her own cinderella castle looking off the balcony at the lake.  I hope it doesn't take another 4 years to get the points to go back as my kids won't go back to Disney unless they can stay at the "castle".  Thanks Marriott for making our vacation extra MAGICAL!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...