3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2013 3:51 PM by eb5147 RSS

Requesting Cat 4 Marriott hotel recommendations in Fort Worth, Tx

kaush Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello:

My first post in this forum ..

Do you have a category 1-4 hotel recommendation in Fort Worth, Tx?

I have a couple of 2013 Spring Promo Free Nights (cat 1-4) that are going to expire by the end of Sept; We are thinking of spending a few days in Fort Worth and using the certs. for this.

There is a Residence inn in Cultural district that looks attractive. Would love to have your thoughts about this or any other Marriott property in the area ( has to be cat. 1-4! The Fort Worth Renaissance doesn't work :-) )

Also, would love to have any suggestion about things that a 5 year old may enjoy in Fort Worth (we are familiar with the zoo, the stockyard and he science museum for kids; will certainly hit the zoo again ..).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
  • Re: Requesting Cat 4 Marriott hotel recommendations in Fort Worth, Tx
    abn Gold

I have a reservation at the Residence Inn (level 3) at the FT Worth (Fossil Creek).

I have heard good and bad things. How can the reviews be so disparate?

I am going to a cousin's wedding and this hotel was the closest.

I see there is a Japanese Garden nearby which I would like to visit.

If you choose to stay here, wll you send me a follow-up review?

ABN

9/13/2013

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

The Japanese Gardens are across from the Botanical Gardens off University Drive and just off I-20.   Near the arts district, there are lots of things to do in that area, including Forest Park Zoo and the 5 mile mini-train ride that goes through Trinity Park bordered by the west fork of the Trinity River.  Then there is the Museum of Science and History near the Will Rogers Auditorium, Carter Museum of Western Art, and Kimbel Art Museum, which is free admission for the permanent collection.  The Museum of Science and History also has an Omni theater in it and a planetarium.  These are all about 10 miles from the Fossil Creek area that's just north of Ft. Worth off 820 and I-35W.  (Loop 820 means that it's about 8 miles from I-20, of course.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There is a way for you to find the different categories when you do a search for a city just by going down the left side column and clicking on "by category".  It even lists the Dallas locations for the search for Ft. Worth.  There are 86 hotels in the D-FW area.  The search by cat. is at the bottom of Narrow Your Search.

There are a couple of Marriotts in FW in cat. 4, as well as a CY on University Dr. if that is close to where you want to go.  Many things to do in that area as well as downtown with the water gardens.  I see the 2 Marriotts in FW aren't actually there.  One is by the airport and the other is near the Grapevine area.

The Dallas Ren. at Market Hall is a cat. 4 as well as Marriott Suites across the hwy from it.

If it was me looking for things to do with a 5 year old, I'd choose the CY on Univ. Dr. or the Blackstone CY in the downtown area.

Cat. 3 has an RI in the cultural dist.  That would be a good one, but you aren't getting max. use from your cert.  SHS on Univ. Dr.

Six Flags is in Arlington, as you probably know. Pioneer Village across from Forest Park Zoo.

This is in Cresson, SW of Ft. Worth.

http://listings.dfw.com/cresson_tx/venues/show/1091151-pate-museum-of-transportation-cresson

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...