2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 9:18 AM by fschumpert RSS

Venice Airport to Venice Courtyard

david10225 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We will shortly be staying at the Courtyard near the Venice airport.  We are arriving at 130 pm.  I have read that the shuttle to the hotel does not operate from 2 to 4 pm  What other options do we have?  I have read that some people have walked to the hotel, but I am nervous about trying to cross a main street with luggage.  I understsnd that a ts I is 20 to 25 euros for a 5 minute ride so that seems unreasonable.  My wife and I will each have a normal sized rolling suitcase.  Thoughts?

Thank you in adva

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice, Italy
  • Re: Venice Airport to Venice Courtyard
    blava007 Platinum

The Marriott Courtyard is a short walk from the Venice airport.  There are no major streets to cross, airport is out of town.

A bus # 5 from airport stops in front of the Courtyard, check the bus schedule again,   http://www.actv.it/pdf/urbano/U-5.pdf 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Venice Airport to Venice Courtyard
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I'm surprised that the Courtyard shuttle, quite near Marco Polo Airport, does not operate between 2-4pm, but maybe so? Suggest you check the Information Desk at the airport when you arrive. While the hotel is near the airport, it would be several minutes walk and might be troublesome, depending on amount of luggage you carry. Taxi and bus are other suggested options.

If you're going into Venice, you can also get information at airport about public transportation (bus into the Venice Car Park) or boat to one of the destination points (30-40 Euros) - I've used both. If you might be staying at the Marriott Autograph Boscolo (see photo), I'd suggest the water transport, and you can walk (10 minutes) to the departure ramp. Hotel is short walk once you depart the boat.

Boscolo - Venice 69310023.JPG

The hotel is not too far from the train station, but it would be good walk from the car/bus park where you depart bus. However, you can also take a Vaporetta (water taxi) from near the car park to station near the Marriott.

Fred S.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...