18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 3:16 PM by eb5147 RSS

If I'm a Platinum Elite, am I not eligible for promotions?

ksbrownutah Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've tried to enroll in the Unexpected Bonus for the past month, but haven't had any luck.  Are Platinum Elites not eligible for promotions?   Whenever I click on "Promotion Central" there's nothing available for me.  But, all my coworkers who also travel are enrolled in the program and racking up free nights.

If anyone knows any tricks to get enrolled, please let me know.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: If I'm a Platinum Elite, am I not eligible for promotions?
    genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi ksbrownutah,

There should be no reason for you not to be eligible. If the promotion is not showing up in your account online, give the Marriott Rewards team a call, and see what's happening. I'm sure that, in the worst case, they can register you manually for the Unexpected bonus promotion.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

i am never offered the free nights promos but do get promos for bonus points.  the offer was downgraded from a max of 50K for 25 night stays to 45K.  Free nights promo seems like a better deal but i never get the offer.  a new promo i just heard about(see below)  isnt offered to platinum members also.  i can not understand why the most loyal travelers do not get to partake in these promos!! maybe we need to switch to another brand for awhile and they will offer us these promos to get us to come back?!?

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/07/23/marriott-rewards-just-for-you-promotion-5000-bonus-points-for-every-second-stay/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=marriott-rewards-just-for-you-promotion-5000-bonus-points-for-every-second-stay

genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi,

Actually, the system targets different people for different promotions, all in the context of the "Unexpected Bonus' promotion.

As a platinum member, you can always call up and asked to switch to a different promotion. I was targeted for the 45K bonus, but with limited summer travel, I called, and switched to the Free Cat 1-5 certificate after 2 stays, with a maximum of 2 certificates. The associate happily switched, and manually issued the first certificate since I already had 2 stays.

So far, the following "options" have been identified, so call up and ask for the one that fits your travel profile best:

Six Targeted “Unexpected Bonus” Offers

1. Category 1-5 Free Night Certificate After Two Stays (Max 2)

You can earn maximum of two category 1 to 5 free night certificates each after two stays.

2. Category 1-4 Free Night Certificate After Two Stays (Max 3)

You can earn maximum of three category 1 to 4 free night certificates each after two stays.

3. 25K Bonus Points After 15 Nights + 10K Bonus After 20 Nights

You can earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 nights + 10,000 additional bonus points after 20 nights for maximum of 35,000 bonus points.

4. 25K Bonus Points After 15 Nights + 2K Per Night For Additional Nights (Max 45K Bonus)

You can earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 nights + 2000 bonus points per night for additional nights beyond 15 nights for maximum bonus of 45,000 points.

5. 35K Bonus Points After 20 Nights + 10K Bonus After 25 Nights (Max 45K Bonus)

You can earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 nights + 10,000 additional bonus points after 25 nights for maximum total of 45,000 bonus points.

6. 35K Bonus Points After 20 Nights + 2K Per Night For Additional Nights (Max 55K Bonus)

You can earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 nights + 2,000 bonus points per night for additional nights beyond 20 nights for maximum bonus of 55,000 points

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

erc Platinum

ks - useful stuff above from geneva

Whereas "the system targets different people for different promotions" , it/they do not send out each megabonus promo to all folks, yet it appears all folks who call receive one, often manually implemented (this of course is subject to change in the future, no doubt Marriott will decide if you didn't get an e-mail notice, you can't participate, but currently if you catch wind of it, you can get one). If you do not know that you did not receive an offer then of course you can not call and therefore you miss out. It's not as if you had missed this megabonus you were going to get one that others didn't - you just lost out.

redpandasfan Platinum

Hi, I'm in the middle of a promotion, does anyone know if there's any way to carry over that progress but change the promotion? Looks like I have promo #3 from the list above, and #4 is similar but has higher max points to earn.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Just call CS and ask for Rewards so you can change your promo.  They'll probably tell you they can add a note to change it after the promo ends as long as you don't use any of the certificates that you have in the meantime.

redpandasfan Platinum

Thanks for the reply! I'll try calling on Monday to see what they can do- I just called but reps are only there M-F. The automated system seemed pretty good though, it asked questions and got all the way to reading out the promotion I'm currently signed up for...(realized I actually have #5 above, still want #6 instead)

If people are looking for other promotions, I also had this one which actually overlaps- hope I can do both (it says Just for You, so it might not be available for everyone?):

Just for You

Stay between Aug 15 - Sep 15

Earn 5,000 bonus points for every 2nd stay, up to 50,000 points

I was wondering how that would work, too.  That's a good deal.  I forget when we can sign up for it. 

Then if the extra 1000 points for signing someone up (referrals) would also apply, that would really be something for us and for the referrals, as well as referral points for this promo if possible. 

erc Platinum

With millions of platinums, it is not unusual at all for hundreds of thousands of us not to get notice of promotions - that's one of the biggest values of this forum (because initiating change certainly isn't)  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/82446#82446

Hats off again to painedplatinum for given thousands of us a heads up on this most recent promo.

ksbrown.... call platinum line and get yourself one - deadline to register July 31st, so hustle up.  Here's another tip, look at the different promos offer (in the link above) and know which one to ask for when you call.  Good luck

""Hats off again to painedplatinum for given thousands of us a heads up on this most recent promo""

erc- could you post the link to this other promo also??

erc Platinum

I might have used recent "promo" improperly - I should have said recent mega bonus promo (which I thought was the one ks was talking about).

pained shared the current mega bonus offer which as the link I provided showed, several of us had (like ks) received nothing about and would have missed if we had not called.

But you are dead on correct about promos being out there, that if pursued are offered, but are not made available to all (and I'm talking elite) - thus the tremendous value of sharing on this forum. Like you did on the e-195 expiration - yet have you observed how many folks still got caught off guard by the termination? This is why my response to Marriott back then was, "hey, if few folks use it (which they claimed and once again was statistically accurate, but 1% is still a large group of customers) why didn't you just e-mail the past users as a gesture of goodwill?  Thank goodness you posted or even more folks would have been caught offguard.

Okay thanks erc! I didnt want to miss out on any other promos but it appears this new one (5K bonus for each 2 nights stays) is restricted as well as it says i am not eligible so I guess PP are not offered this either- bummer!  I wish they would realize that the loyal customers deserve to get these benefits as well.  we are the ones that keep the occupancy up in these hotels during the off-seasons and I am getting more inclined to switch to Hilton/Hyatt as i see all of the offers @ Marriott that I can not partake in.

BTW- another way for people to see what promos they can register for is under "Promotion Central" which appears in the right-hand section under My Account when you login.  again, it is only the ones they have "offered" to you, not all promotions.  And for some reason I thought Platinum and maybe Gold were automatically enrolled in promos they were eligible for. Perhaps that benefit has been dropped also.

i do miss those e-195 vouchers.  i am using up my last ones on a trip to CA next month and then Aruba in October.  great while they lasted for sure........

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,  Thank-you PP for the "Heads-up"!

Also, this would be a good time for friends and relatives to sign up under your number if they hurry so that both could get the extra 1000 points per stay up to 5 for 5 people for the first year and they could possibly get certificates for 2 nights stays, 3 maximum with the cat. 1 - 4 or 2 max with the cat. 1 - 5. 

ravnwyng Platinum 2 Reviews

Whether it is the Mega Bonus or the Spring Bonus or the Unexpected Bonus or whatever, if you call Marriott Rewards, they WILL tell you all of the options, at which time, you may elect any of them, if you are Platinum or PP.

Now, they may just notate your account, and have you call in after the promotion has run its course, at which time they will adjust the reward to fit the noted request.

I hope this helps.

cme4ndt Platinum

I haven't been getting the promotions either. Thank you for posting about it. I will definitely be giving them a call.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...