21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2016 10:19 AM by misterchk RSS

Wierd, just wierd........

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently received a message from Marriott Rewards congratulating me on my birthday and it asked me to click on the surprise gift... here it is....

Thank You

Our records show that you've already received an Elite night credit for your birthday this year. Please keep in mind it may take up to 48 hours to credit your account with an Elite night credit.

Now, I only have one birthday that I am aware of....and it was when they sent that message......and, since I track my nights I receive credit for, I am also aware that I did not receive any credit for that birthday.....and still haven't. Not that it's a big deal but I can't for the life of me understand why they would send a message like this.

Wierd, just wierd...........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wierd, just wierd........
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Maybe you were born on a leap year date, so the system triggered another date for your birth!  JK

Have a great day!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

tef6178,

Your surprise gift was them surprising you and us all over and over!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Actually, I had the same thing happen on my birthday. I ended up calling the MR help line to sort it out, though it turns out all I needed to do was wait a day or so. I would have thought this problem would have been sorted out by now (my birthday is in March). I'd watch your account and if the extra elite night doesn't show up in a few days a call might be in order.

I agree, it is weird.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I'd say all of you have been lucky since I never received an email about a free night for my birthday and I've been a member for a very long time, plat for about 4 years.

Merb, is this free night for birthday supposed to be for everyone?

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Yes, I am so lucky to have been tricked like this! 

Madmax, I think you have to ensure your birthday is registered with them.  Not that it matters, apparently.  lol

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

tef,

My b-day was in May. I received the same communications as you. The day credit showed up about a week later. It's sitting in the Promotional category on my "Nights Earned" summary.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I was just told by a Marriott employee that this program requires annual enrollment.  could this be true?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

shoeman1000,

I don't think so. As far as I can recall, I only signed up once and have gotten essentially the same email every year.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

shoeman:

I only enrolled once...a couple of years ago as I recall.

alexander318 Platinum 30 Reviews

Thanks for posted this about Birthdays/ I've been platinum for the past decade or so and I guess I never entered my birthday and have missed all my presents! Well I'll be ready next year.

greekbecky Platinum

I received my weird birthday wish message a few days ago and thought the same thing...totally bizarre.

Platinum

the code for this was probably written and then forgotten about. Most elites wouldn't get that excited about one elite night credit. I think they should make it a cat 5 cert for plat's or a choice of 10,000 pts or a cert. Anyone agree?

agbcpa Platinum 5 Reviews

Nights no longer matter to those of us that have reached lifetime platinum so I agree the 10,000 points is a great replacement for that

thecentury303 Platinum

For some reasons, I have never received the mysterious birthday gift from Marriott ...

This may sound silly, but is your birthday listed on your account?  Most likely yes, but if you have not been receiving your birthday gift you might want to contact Customer Service and see if the will honor a couple of years at least.

thecentury303 Platinum

It is listed on my account

I just don't want to spend my time arguing over a few nights credit though.

You won't have to argue at all, either you get them or you won't!   But if you don't ask the answer is always the same....NO.

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR

This does sound silly sir, and the concern I have now is you were so bored this morning you opened a fresh bottle of Tequila!

What gift am I not getting.  A picture of JW Sr. or maybe just a card grom JW jr.

I would like to know what I have been missing - unless you are referring to that free bottle of water I received at an RI a few weeks ago

?????????????????

Bored, me bored.....not on your life youngster!

What you're missing is the free coupon to a RI Mixer AND two round trip tickets on the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.  That is if you're at an RI.

If a CY you get one voucher for a free cup of two day old coffee from the Bistro.

FS, now that is where the pictures start coming into play.

Platinum 28 Reviews

What you are saying seems to advise the following:

I take the following to a Starbucks kiosk in a FS property:

proof of my birthday

My Plat I.D.

$3.00 in cash

And, I receive a cup of coffee - WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO, I WILL CHECK IMMEDIATELY

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...