4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 10:56 AM by iahflyr RSS

Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When I saw notification last April that the Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa was going to join the Autograph collection I immediately booked 2 nights at 30,000 points/night. I brought along some of our soon to be extinct Marriott Cheques to pay for meals and drinks. We drove over from Phoenix on Friday and checked in Friday afternoon. There was absolutely no signage that indicated Autograph or Marriott. The front desk did not acknowledge my Marriott status. They did take the printed certificate that Marriott had mailed to me after I made the reservation. I was wondering if I was going to get a room overlooking the parking lot, but was pleasantly surprised when we found that our room looked out on the lake. The new owners have been doing a lot of freshening up of the property and it looks like they are still a couple of weeks away from being completely done. However, everything was open and there was just some minor inconvenience walking around ongoing construction. During our 2 days I overheard comments about the integration with Marriott not being done yet. Because of this, I took one of my Marriott Cheques to the front desk to ask if I could use it to pay off my bill. The front desk person said that the integration with Marriott had been scheduled for April, then June and now late August. She asked if she could copy the cheque and ask her manager when she arrived "in about an hour". It was another beautiful morning, so we took a walk around the area before returning to our room to complete our packing. While in the room I called Platinum Customer Service and was transferred to a woman that specialized on the Autograph line. After hearing my story she put me on hold and called the property manager to see if they were set-up to handle cheques and maybe just needed to help processing it. When she returned she apologized that because the hotel was not yet Autograph I could not use my cheques. Apparently the points for booking and cheques run through different accounts. She offered me 5,000 "frustration" points for the inconvenience. It will be interesting to see if Visa will see this hotel as a Marriott property.

Anyway, we spent Saturday afternoon on lounge chairs at the private beach, reading and having drinks from the pool bar. A very relaxing weekend with beautiful weather that had been forecast as raining with thunderstorms. Met some interesting people at the main bar at the Bin 189 restaurant and had an overall enjoyable weekend.View from Private Beach.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lake Arrowhead, California, USA
  • Re: Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Curious,

Nice write up from your experience. It sounds like a great place. It will be even better when the transition is complete, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

When I first saw this on the Marriott site I thought, we'll let some others stay before we venture out into the mountains so thanks for the report and if you have more pictures please share them.

curiousone Platinum

I am not a big picture taker, but I thought I took one from our 3rd floor balcony (top floor). Apparently, neither my wife or I took a decent picture from our balcony. Sorry about that. I forgot to mention before that the resort is right next to the Lake Arrowhead Village (5 minute walk), Super Market, restaurants and trinket stores.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...