5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2015 8:34 AM by viennaalways RSS

Hong Kong - Renaissance or JW?

alexander318 Platinum 30 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
  1. Hi -

First time in Hong Kong this October for a quick 4 day trip. Both the Reniassance and JW Marriott have great reviews and seem very close to each other. I was leaning toward the Renaissaice, but see they will be finishing up a renovation while I'm there that includes the Conciege Lounge and the Concierge floors. With that news I'm being cautious. Would love to hear from folks that have been to both, your preferences and if the renovation will be an issue. Any first time tips would be appreciated too, Thanks - Alex

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hong Kong, China Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
Hong Kong, China JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
  • Re: Hong Kong - Renaissance or JW?
    ansaa Member

Hi, alexander318! Thanks for posting your question.

Sounds like you've already visited our Hotel Reviews page to see what others have said about the Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel and the JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.

I did a little digging on the site and found that fellow Insiders travelfox  and kimkdallas mentioned staying at the Renaissance within the last year.  You can check out what they had to say here and here.

As far as the JW Marriott is concerned, Insider stevehk had a lot of great things to say about the hotel here.

Hopefully that helps you get started!

Anyone else have advice they would like to share?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you for your additional listings. I hadn't seen those two before. Much appreciated.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Hi Alex!

My husband has stayed at the JW a dozen times over the last 15 years, and has enjoyed it. This past December he stayed at the Renaissance, and it was also nice. However, there is a reason he has stayed at the JW so many times...having the mall with lots of restaurants below the hotel is very convenient, and having Admiralty MTR below the mall, makes all of Hong Kong Island and the Kowloon side quickly and readily accessible.

Both  are close to nightlife(Wan Chai) and Lan Kwai Fong...

THe lobby and bar at the JW is great and the view is amazing! It is a quick hike up to Victoria Peak just behind the hotel for lush gardens, an aviary, and spectacular views of Victoria Harbor. The JW has a beautiful, sleek pool, too.

You can't go wrong either way, both are fine hotels. Have a wonderful trip!

As for me, I have only stayed at the JW, and it was one of my favorite hotels and concierge lounges in the world! I would vote for the JW!

Thank you. Very helpful advice.

I thought the mall would be a nice and convenient option.

viennaalways Gold

Hi Alexander, I'm having difficulty with the links to the hotel reviews and not having luck searching for them.  I too am trying to decide between these two hotels.  Would you please repost?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...