5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 4:53 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

My Nomination for Spirit To Serve

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After well over 1000 nights stayed in Marriott properties, for only the 2nd time, I am nominating an associate for this coveted award. Over the years, I have had many associates treat me well and make positive contributions to my stays.  However, this person has made that contribution time after time, after time.  As an attendant in the CL at a property where I spend close to 100 nights a year, she has the opportunity to affect each and every stay I make at this property.  Working the morning shift at the CL puts her in the position to be my first human contact each day, and she handles it very well.  Always a smile, a "good morning", and finally, a heart-felt "how are you"?  She makes sure my needs are met, often-times going downstairs to fetch a Wall Street Journal for me, helping me navigate the buffet line, cleaning up after me, etc.   The true test of someone's value is answering the question "would the stay be just as well if she was not around"?  I believe the answer is a profound NO. 

My Nomination For Spirit To Serve is Delmy. 

Shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Stamford, Connecticut, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
  • Re: My Nomination for Spirit To Serve
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, shoeman1000, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks!  How do we ever know if anything has happened with our nomination?

shoeman

laurac Marriott Associate

shoeman1000, we have submitted your nomination to the General Manager of the hotel. Typically if the associate is awarded the Spirit to Serve award, the hotel manager will notify us and we will let you know. I'll keep you posted!

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

could you snap a photo of Delmy (if she was oK with it) and post?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...