2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 3:35 PM by fschumpert RSS

Marriott Rewards vs Credit Card Dollars Spet

nsantarelli Gold
Currently Being Moderated

When using my Marriott Rewards Chase card, it appears that even though I have spent $1000, I do not see my Marriott rewards points increasing by $1000.  It appears to only increase by 500-600.  Does this happen to anyone else?  It is extremely frustrating when I am trying to book trips and I am only a few points short.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards vs Credit Card Dollars Spet
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I would think the number of points you achieve will be based upon the type credit card you use and the place where you spend the $. For instance, with a Marriott Visa Signature Card, you are rewarded 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott, 2 points for every $1 for airline, car rentals and restaurants, and only 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases. These purchases - and points -  should appear on your monthly credit card statement as well.

Hope this is helpful, but you might already be aware of all this.

Fred S.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards vs Credit Card Dollars Spet
    lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I used to track dollars spent to both Marriott Rewards points and Elite Qualifying Nights, but after months of everything adding up properly I stopped.  My experience is that Chase seems to be very good about giving you what they say they will give you and Marriott very good about that being reflected in my Marriott Rewards account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...