9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2013 1:42 PM by nycuws10025 RSS

Anyone Still Offering Platinum Arrival Amenity

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Michele previously posted that hotels can still choose to offer the Platinum Arrival amenity. Since the official elimination of the program, has anyone been offered the traditional arrival platinum option? Based on what I have experienced, I don't think anyone is providing it as an option, similar to previous Marriott 'enhancement' to corporate standards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone Still Offering Platinum Arrival Amenity
    curiousone Platinum

This week at the JW San Francisco I was offered points or $10 breakfast credit. I took points since the CL had breakfast.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Although international properties, I was just offered the traditional gifts at Rome Flora and Venice Boscolla.

superchief1 Platinum

I believe this new policy is only for US properties. Hopefully, you will still receive the amenity Internationally.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

My understanding is that the new downgrade in Platinum arrival gift is for US & Canada only.  International properties will still offer the 500 points or food/beverage amenity (thank goodness!).

Cheers.

nycuws10025 Platinum

Rochester (New York) Airport Marriott: None of the old PAG choices were offered.

• Is marching in step with Marriott Corporate on this:  500 points or $10 Food and Beverage Credit. 
    • This was as of SUN 21JUL2013.

nycuws10025 Platinum

Cleveland Marriott downtown (at Key Center)

did not offer any of the old PAG options.

Choice was either the 500 points or $10 food and beverage credit.

So there's another hotel toeing the Marriott line.

Platinum Weekend breakfast for two was offered in the restaurant as the CL is closed.

This was on SAT night 17AUG2013

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Re: Plat arrival gift in US & Canada.  I will be stunned if any property is offering anything other than the 500 points or $10FB coupon.  Thank goodness the international properties can still offer the food/beverage amenity gift.

nycuws10025, wass the breakfast in the restaurant at Cleveland Key Center cont'l or full brekkie?  Let me know & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.

nycuws10025 Platinum

Thanks for putting the breakfast info in the correct post, Skiadcock.  I was unable to find it!

We had access to the full buffet:  Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuits with sausage gravy on the hot side.  Full selection of fruits and bread on the cold side.  Make your own waffles.  And an omelette station staffed by one of the sweetest ladies in the city of Cleveland!

We weren't offered a menu so I don't know if non-buffet options were available.  But with that buffet and omelette station?  I saw no need to look at a menu!

When you update that thread, will you please post the link here in response?  I promise I'll bookmark it so I can "do the right thing" next time!

Thanks

Kip (NYCUWS10025)

travelling Platinum

Just did three stays in August at the Santiago Marriott Hotel.  They offered the Platinum Arrival Amenity three times, even when we were only staying during a long stopover and had a day rate.  Also gave us two awards when we were booked into two awards.  I have to say they are all well trained and the hotel was a pleasure to stay in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...