1 2 3 33 Previous Next 483 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 10:52 AM by eb5147 RSS

What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

One of the nice things about Residence Inn's is their availability to "Grill your own Meals" at most locations!

Since I love grilled food, I wonder if others can share in their RI, or other "Grilling experiences"!  Watching "Travel and Food Channel" I enjoy watching the grilled foods that come out of Texas, Memphis, The Carolinas, Kansas City, and more!

Again, if you have experiences with RI, at home, or at a dining establishment, please share with other MRI!  Here are a few places I recently saw featured on TV, but have not been:

Hilltop, outside of Boston

Pats, King of Steaks, Philadelphia (Actually, the  originating home of The Philly Cheese Steak)

Cattleman's Steakhouse, El Paso, TX

Big Texan, Amarillo, Texas

This is a place in Ft. Worth, that I really enjoyed:IMG_0204.JPG

Angelo's,

My buddy Dr. Bill, wanted his picture taken in front of the place it was so good!

The Buckhorn Exchange, in Denver, is another wonderful place to great grilled beef, buffalo, elk, etc!

Here's to all of you out there who enjoy the "Joy of grilling"!

IMG_1729.jpg

What fun, especially doing it "Your way"!  Share your photo's and stories as well!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis, MO, USA
El Paso, Texas, USA
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston
Columbia, Missouri, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Columbia
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
The Woodlands, Texas, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport
  • 1. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

AWESOME Jerry,

My grill is my second home and we cook about five days a week on the grill year round, rain or shine.

When traveling for work until last October and staying at either https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/aiyfw-marriotts-fairway-villas/ in the late fall till early spring time and hoping they have the grills still working to cook some wings, fish, turkey burgers, chicken and of course a steak or two during the two week stay to being down in Somers Point at https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/aiyac-residence-inn-atlantic-city-somers-point/ with the gang in the summer months and having a huge night or two of grilling fresh caught fish to having 10-12 rib eyes on the grill they provide was great fun and great food, even if I'm not a huge lover of red meat.

Last grilled at home this past Sunday, a couple of links spicy Italian pork sausage along with slow grilled wings that had been sitting in the dry rub overnight.  The wings cooked on very low indirect heat for about 90 minutes and then dropped them into a nice hot sauce on the stove to let them slowly cook for another 90 minutes at a simmer.........YUMMMMMO, they fall off the bone and the grilling gets rid of the fat while the rub and sauce are a nice heat after a few bites.    Yes, I love to grill.

Come on grillers......don't let Bobby Flay the BBQ Addict scare ya away.

P.S. jerrycoin what is the marinade I see?

P.P.S.  Pat's is great but you have to try http://store.genossteaks.com/index.php/menu/ as well if your in PHL, just make a day of it and go find ya some http://www.tonylukes.com/ as well!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

IAHFLYR,

Wow, thank-you for the response!  I thought I may be the only MRI person that loves to grill, or even dine on grilled food!

First, the marinate is Smith & Wollensky's, I really enjoy their food and products!  Secondly, how do you like my blue "La Tour d' Argent" apron, I brought back from Paris?  I have only worn it once, for a picture.  I am saving it for eternity, (That makes me sound like an ego-maniac, I'm not).

Your wings sound great, especially your method of cooking with low, indirect heat!

Likewise, will look forward to trying geno's, and tonylukes, on the next trip to The "Big D, and Ft. Worth)!

• 3. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

Love the apron, but you really can't keep it all folded up nicely as I look at aprons as a necessary part of grilling.

You won't find Geno's or Tony Luke's in "Little D" or Ft. Worth, they are both in Philly with Geno's right across the street from Pat's.

• 4. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

IAHFLYR,

OK, sorry about getting Philly mixed up with Dallas!

Geno's was also featured on "The Food Channel" across the street from Pats.  Wow, I had them all mixed up.  Same with Tony Luke's.

Thanks for the clarification, (It was late!).

Have a great trip and keep us informed on the travels!

• 5. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

jerrycoin,

I'm sure there are plenty of grill masters on MI, and yes the wings were on indirect heat as are my ribs!!

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/13991

Also love to grill salmon, a nice size piece of Copper River, King, Coho, Sockeye, just about any wild salmon.  Rub both sides (yes skin and meat) with olive oil and then green top http://www.pikeplacefish.com/buy/sauces-and-spices/show/northwest-seafood-seasoning/ or white top http://www.pikeplacefish.com/buy/sauces-and-spices/show/our-own-rub/ rub (depending on your taste) from Pike Place Fish Market mongers.  Let is sit in the fridge for about an hour while you heat the grill to HOT.  Take it out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before cooking to get it closer to room temperature.  Grab olive oil and rub the grates of the grill with it and put the skin side down on the grill.  Lower the heat and let er cook for about 10 minutes while you find your best metal spatula to flip it over on to the meat side to get a few nice grill marks on it, after another 3-4 minutes take it off the grill and let is rest for another 15 minutes before you serve it.....awesome flavor and texture.  DO NOT try this with farm raised or Atlantic salmon as they are too fatty and you will need a fire extinguisher to put out the flames that will encompass your grill.   

• 6. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

I will do that and no worries about getting them confused, I'd rather be in Philly than Dallas any ole day!

I'm outta here, See ya.

• 7. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

my favorite grilled foods are corn on the cob and jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with a slice of bacon. I like to grill the cob with the shuck on and then peel back after it is cooked so that you have the stalk end to hold onto. This works great for outside eating. If you are eating inside after grilling, you can easily wrap in foil and grill till done and then pull foil off and lay on the grill for a short time and a smokier taste. Rub with butter and cajun seasoning...no salt or pepper needed with this.

I slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, stuff with cream cheese and wrap with a slice of bacon. Grill on top rack until bacon is crisp to your liking. umm, umm, umm!   These are great sides to any grilled meats but since you can tell I like spicy, some extra hot Schwabs hot links or cajun rubbed brats do the trick for us.

• 8. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

I have to say Tony Lukes does make a solid Cheesesteak.

• 9. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

IAHFLYR,

That is some wonderful sounding Salmon!  You may enjoy this photo of Pike St. Market, Seattle:

IMGP0035.JPG

IAHFLYR, here's where you can get some real assorted Salmon!  This one great place to shop for seafood.  Just a short walk from The Marriott, which has one of the finest CL in the industry!

You may be in the wrong business!  You may want to consider going on the "Food Channel"!  They have a show where "Amateurs" compete for "Iron Chef"!  status!

• 10. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

ks77,

Thanks for commenting!

They showed this cheesecake on TV, and it looked fantastic!

Could this be a reason to go to Philly?  Nearest Marriott property?

• 11. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

madmax,

Now that sounds fantastic!

Will try this dish soon!

Please keep the ideas coming!

This stuff is not only healthy, it is fun, and tasty!

• 12. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Madmax,

What a great idea!!  I will have to try this soon.  I loved blackened peppers.

Iahflyer,

A couple of weekends ago, we grilled pork ribs.  It turned out to be a bit tricky, because the outside temperature was 110 that day, so the inside of the grill was already at about 140, without even turning the "Q" on.  It was difficult to keep the grill at the low temperature needed for slow grilling ribs to that wonderful fall-off-the-bone doneness.  I think we'll have to try it again in the fall, when temperatures are more moderate.

Grilled prawns and vegetable kebabs are my personal favorite.  I watched a couple of videos on grilling Ahi Tuna recently, but I think I'll stick to the stove for now, since the tuna is too expensive to mess up, and I'm still a "tuna novice."

• 13. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?
    trippin' Alumni Steward Member 3 Reviews

Nice Pic!!  I love Residence Inn's.  I've stayed at about 6 different ones.  Love the warmth of it.  We grill year round, even in the cold and snow of northern MI.  Love to grill peppers and onions and Polish sausage and make a yummy sandwich.  Mmmm.  Also, I've grilled turkey breasts (cooked part way in oven), pizza's, etc.  LOVE it!!!

• 14. Re: What are you "Grilling this Summer"?

IAHFLYR,

Have a great flight out West and stay in touch!

Getting ready to put a couple of Omaha filets on the grill right now!  Will have a wonderful meal, hope you do the same!

1 2 3 33 Previous Next