3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 10:31 AM by lakersfan RSS

Does it help to set up a reward reservation personally or online?

tenman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My first time actually using points so bear with me.  I'm curious if it works better to book my reservation with the hotel personally than online.  The hotel shows available 2 room suite - I need a large room for my family(4kids) vacation-yet  the rewards option only gives me one choice.  I wonder if I can pay more points for the room I actually need as oppose to using points to pay for two rooms?  I'd hate separate my family (mostly me from my wife) if I can help it.  The points are not the issue as much as I want us all together.

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does it help to set up a reward reservation personally or online?
    ryan_bingham Platinum 13 Reviews

In my experience you might want to do both.  We stay at a Vacation Club property in Hawaii (on a Rewards Points redemption) each year, getting a two bedroom unit with a pool view in a specific Hale (building).  I start by calling the property to confirm availability and to put a 'hold' on the room.  Then I call MR Reservations and have them reserve the room.  Sometimes they need to call the property to confirm but it always works out.

The online reservation system will usually only let you reserve a basic, single room.  Calling will get you the room you want, albeit for more points/cash.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does it help to set up a reward reservation personally or online?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've found that I can't always figure out how to get exactly what I want by reserving online. I recently booked a couple nights at the Bristol City Centre and wanted to use reward certificates. For whatever reason, I could use points, but attaching the certificates wouldn't work. A quick phone call and everything was sorted out. I always start with the web site, but when I can't get something to work out the way it should, I pick up the phone. Good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...