27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2015 9:21 AM by yardstick RSS

What are the top 5 Concierge Lounges in the U.S.A.?

jkex10 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What are the top 5 Concierge Lounges in the U.S.A.?

• Re: What are the top 5 Concierge Lounges in the U.S.A.?
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

The first one which sprang to mind when I read this question was the Pittsburgh Marriott North.  It has been newly remodeled and is absolutely gorgeous.  In addition, the food selections are far superior to many other lounges and the staff are very customer service oriented.

Cranberry Township Hotels - Pittsburgh Marriott North

The second one which sprang to mind was the Ottawa Marriott for their magnificent views and food selections.

Hotels in Ottawa, Ontario | Ottawa Marriott Hotel

I should probably read some of my reviews to see if I can recall any others which were memorable.  lol

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jkex10,

The Indianapolis JW, was really very nice!

Great food, nice staff, and plenty of room.  Very memorable, and I would want to go back!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Oh my goodness.  How could I forget the La Concha in San Juan?!!  I would rate that one tops.

Resorts in San Juan Puerto Rico | La Concha Resort | Condado, PR

The other noteworthy lounge is Seattle Marriott Waterfront.

Seattle Waterfront Hotels | Seattle Marriott Waterfront

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

JW Marriott Marquis Miami.

Awesome service, food, and fabulous view.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Atlanta Marriott Marquis - fantastic view - large comfortable lounge, with many selections.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Best concierge lounges....here's my top 4:

JW Marriott Indianapolis....big, great food, superb staff, wonderful view...what more can I say?

Marriott Biscayne Bay Miami.....unbelievably nice view, good food and friendly staff.

Marriott Eastside new York City......good food, good staff, nice outside deck area to experience the sounds of the big city.

Marriott Waterfront Seattle...great view, friendly staff, food is good.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Looks like Seattle Waterfront is getting the most votes. NathalieF ....maybe they should come of out of this on top and be given some nice award before all the new UA Gold members show up!! 

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I will be staying at the JW Marriott Indianapolis in September.  I am looking forward to it.

I've went to 3 that stood out.

JW Marriott LA LIVE - very upscale small plates at night like smoked salmon with creme fraiche and dill as well as a nice carrot cake napoleon for dessert; they also had a restaurant-esque self-serve coffee machine that utilized real milk to churn out great drinks like hot chocolate (complete with a cappuccino-like foam).

San Francisco Marriott Union Square - dinner was good but small on variety; breakfast though featured great breakfast pastries (fitting with the many great bakeries in SF); at the holidays, there is a great view of the Union Square Plaza--huge Christmas tree and a very nicely decorated Macy's.

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown - in terms of quality, nothing special, but their variety was very good.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Take a short walk and enjoy a steak at:

St. Elmo's!

It is rated one of the finest in the US, and very enjoyable.  Just make sure you enjoy the fine food at The JW's CL!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

It is hard for me to pick a top 5 because there are so many different variables: breakfast quality, nightly appetizers quality, desserts appetizers, atmosphere, access, etc. so I picked 5 that stood out in specific ways.

(Best Overall Food) JW Marriott LA LIVE

(Best Hours) JW Marriott SF Union Square - open 7 days as week including afternoon snacks; great commercial grade coffee / latte / espresso / hot chocolate machine that uses real milk

(Best Drinks) JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - lots of variety and free alcohol

(Best View) SF Marriott Union Square during the holidays

(Best Atmosphere) JW Marriott Indianapolis - great variety of seating and attractive decor

ip241au Platinum 1 Reviews

Marriott San Jose California, Cleveland Marriott Downtown, Newark Renaissance,  Dulles Airport Marriott, Columbus Renaissance

utubet Platinum 3 Reviews

I would have to put the Denver Tech Center, SF Union Square and San Antonio Riverwalk (not River Center) as the top 3 and in that order.  Sheri is the absolute best in the morning in Denver and James in San Antonio is a true Concierge...The hours during the holidays at Union Square are unsurpassed....Thank you to all of you for being the best!

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

Renaissance in Plantation FL

ngg123 Platinum 2 Reviews

We just got back from a stay at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids, Michigan and were thrilled with our visit to the Concierge Lounge there. The view is beautiful and overlooks the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum. This is the first lounge we have visited that offers free cocktails of your choice plus a wide assortment of delicious food. The staff is very helpful and makes a point of engaging everyone in a brief conversation and offering assistance in planning your visit to this outstanding city. We can't wait to go back to Grand Rapids.

newjerseybound60 Platinum 4 Reviews

I have experienced many fine concierges lounges across the United States.  Can we include the rest of the world?  I love the concierge lounge at the Gran Plaz Marriott in Brussels, Belgium.  Great variety and cocktail hour snacks are wonderful.  I love the easy access with the lounge on the first floor.  Have stayed there many times and hope to stay there again soon.

okiemuskogee Platinum

The Renaissance LAX has a great lounge. Food quality is the best in the US and the staff, which are long timers, are wonderful. The Waterford Marriott in OKC has an unexpectedly nice lounge. If visiting OKC, I highly recommend that hotel.

digitalguy Silver 1 Reviews

The rooftop BBQ suppers offered by the Memphis Marriott. Great food and drink. Ability to meet other guests. Wonderful view of the mighty Mississippi River. Awesome!

gecko Gold

The Griffin Club at the JWM Desert Ridge in Phoenix.  Hands down great food, staff, facilities, and service!  Multiple times impressed.

ajapuff Platinum 4 Reviews

Nashville Renaissance - great food, hot and fresh and the hospitality is terrific

Mobile Battle House - southern graciousness

Really do not like Hotel 57 in NYC - dark, crowded in winter.  Summer has the rooftop which is superb though!

Out of the US?  Berlin on Postdamer Platz - absolutely amazing and the beer/wine/prosecco were complimentary!

ljreinholt Platinum

The JW Marriott Marquis Towers in Dubai!  Great Views, Great Staff, and Superb Prosecco!!

marriottnewyork Platinum

The first location that comes to mind was the Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami. The desserts were delicious with a variety of cakes, and finger foods.

The second location is the Marriott Gateway with spectacular views of the Canadian Falls.

The third is the Marriott Marquis especially for breakfast.

The fourth is the Marriott East Side for its service and food.

The fifth is the JW Atlanta.

triplovers Platinum

JW Marriott SF Union Square for all the reasons other have published especially the pastries.

The Renaissance Orlando Airport has a nice breakfast to keep you going whether on business or vacation.

yardstick Platinum

Is there a trend to re-locate lounges to the ground floor, for example SLC City Center (Mary is so nice to greet you there) and Park City?  I am generally ok with this - easy access, re-modeled, and probably easier for staff.  Memorable visits:

Cherry Creek Denver and South Beach resonate with me - great plates, presentation, variety, and cool decor!

Baton Rouge Marriott for its unique tables

SF Marq has amazing variety and huge seating

but best bfast ever was in Montreal and generally in the rest of Canada!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...