5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 9:56 AM by lakersfan RSS

Marriott VISA Credit Card

iminphilly Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I need some help interpreting my credit card reward nights and how those nights are computed.  I know that for every $3,000 spend, you receive 1 night, but how does that compute with all the various, Marriott Spend, Non-Marriott Spend, Ritz-Carlton Spend (no clue where that one came from), Air, Dine, Car, spend. etc.. etc.

If anyone has figured this out and has a clear concise explanation, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks all and have a good day,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott VISA Credit Card
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

the explanation I can give is that there is no clear explanation. I have asked this as well and I get the "You might check with Chase" and when I call them it is "You might check with Marriott". I never know how many nights I should have. It is perplexing and seems simple enough to show but so far there has been no move to break down when the nights have been earned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

I remember this discussion from last year and madmax is correct, whereas you'll get excellent answers from the experts tef and taxman, it can still be difficult to track specifically.  Essentially it's $3k per night regardless of what you spent it on and in the first link below, taxman sums up point differentiation well - but again, verifying the accuracy is always a challenge - good luck

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/61675#61675    answering about different types of spending

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/62322#62322   discussing tracking the nights toward elite status

ansaa Member

Hi iminphilly!  Here's the breakdown that we received: The Elite nights received from the credit card show up on the "Account Activity" page, under "Nights earned" section. There is a line that says "Rewards Credit Card" -- the earned Elite nights would show up there.  If you happen to have more than one Marriott credit card that earns Elite nights, the website will not show a differentiation between nights earned from different cards.  Hope that helps!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Thanks for your question regarding Marriott Visa card.  Several years ago I upgraded to a Marriott Signature Visa credit card, issued by Chase Bank. The annual membership fee is higher, but with the one free award night in Category 1-5 Marriott hotels upon your anniversary renewal date, and the other benefits (5 points per $1 spent at Marriott, 2 points per airline and auto rentals, and $1 on all other purchases, I think it well worth the extra costs. If you use for auto rental, make sure you decline the rental CDW/LDW (collision damage waiver). If you travel internationally there are also no currency exchange fees when using this card, as with AMEX. My wife and I both use this card, paying balance within 30 days to avoid any finance charges. Visit website below for more information. If you choose to go with this, tell Marriott/Chase I sent you:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/naep50p1ksh?CELL=6RRW&MSC=IQ33864736&jp_cmp=cc/N05BRMarriottUSExact/sea/na/Marriott

Fred S.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

fschumpert answered your question well!  And, as iminphily answered you also get one eleite night credit for each $3,000 spent.  AND in addition to that you get 15 elite night credits each year as your annual fee is billed.

And, I have found Chase customer service and fraud prevention to be very excellent.  They have "caught" fradulent charges before I knew about them - how, I do not know.  When I have had to call about an issue their service has been excellent.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...