4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 5:53 AM by ryan_bingham RSS

Residence Inn in Montreal

jed012788 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello! I'm a new poster here and had a question for you experts. I attempted a search on this topic, but I couldn't find one relevant.

There are two Residence Inns in Montreal -- downtown on Peel Street and one by Westmount. I'm wondering which of these two you folks prefer. We are planning to use e-certificates there, and they are only valid at Categories 1-5. The full-service Marriott in Montreal is a 6, but both Residences are acceptable. Any recommendations? I have heard mixed reviews of both properties.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Westmount
  • Re: Residence Inn in Montreal
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings jed012788 and welcome to the community!! I'm sure others will have some additional insights but I wanted to provide links to the member reviews for both properties you mentioned.

Residence Inn Montreal Westmount

Residence Inn Montreal Downtown

You can find member reviews for each property at The specified item was not found.. For a list of hotels by location, type the city of interest and select the corresponding location from the list of suggested results.Oh and whichever property you decide on, don't forget to write a review!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Hi jed012788, and welcome to Marriott Insiders. 

I have stayed at the Residence Inn on Peel and it was absolutely amazing.   The hotel was pristine and the service was exceptional.  The hot breakfast and Manager's Receptions each evening were excellent, but save room to experience some of the most amazing cuisine at local restaurants and the lovely bakery on Peel.

Walk over to Dorchester Square and book a hop-on/hop-off tour of the city.  Here is an excellent link to get you started:

Sweet Deal | Tourisme Montréal

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Regarding Montreal hotels, I've stayed at Residence Inn on Peel, Marriott on University and Courtyard on Sherbrooke, but last month, while on business trip there, stayed a couple of nights at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites, 445 Rue St. Jean Baptiste, in Old Montreal. If you have business in main part of Montreal it's a bit of a hike or taxi ride, but otherwise quite delightful for visiting Old Montreal. One of my favorite restaurants there is Gibbys, 298 Place d Youville, 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Fred S.

ryan_bingham Platinum 13 Reviews

I have stayed at the RI Peel many times.  It is right in the heart of the downtown scene, close to McGill and a decent property as long as you know two things: 1) get a high floor room that faces away from Peel (the nightclub across the street goes until 2:30 AM) and 2) know that the hotel is somewhat inflexible if you need to make a change (much more so than most Marriott's).  An ancillary goodness is that you can take the 747 bus from the airport to Peel Street (stop #5 I believe) and it's only $8 CAD versus a $40 cab fare.

I have also stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Old Montreal.  If you are going to be spending time in Old Montreal this is a great hotel.  Perfectly located and great service.  It's a bit of a hike from the closest 747 stop on Rene Levesque (through Chinatown and over the freeway) or it's a cab ride to downtown but it's totally OK.

Later this year the new Courtyard Downtown will be opening.  Not sure of the Category on that one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...