5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 3:39 PM by pluto77 RSS

How to combine rewards with spouse for a single stay

wardini Platinum 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if it is possible to combine the rewards points with your spouse on a single hotel stay?  Or does each person have to use their respective points for specific days?  

I have about 100,000 points and My wife has about 110,000 points plus a free night certificate.   It would be nice to apply all of this for a single awesome vacation if possible.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone has on this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to combine rewards with spouse for a single stay
    genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

You can transfer your points to your spouse.

Per the T&C's:

Transferring Points from One Account to Another

1. This Member benefit is available only at time of Reward Redemption (only one Reward request per Reward Redemption, please).
    2. Immediately prior to Reward Redemption, a Member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Points into the Rewards Program account of his/her legal spouse or domestic partner, in order to qualify for a specific Reward.
    3. Only the necessary number of Points needed to redeem the specified Reward, rounded to the nearest 1,000 Points, may be transferred — no more, no less.
    4. An Authorization to Transfer Points form must be completed and submitted to Rewards Program Guest Services in order to transfer the required number of Points. Forms are available by calling Rewards Program Guest Services at 1-801-468-4000 (Marriott Rewards Program) or 1-866-922-6882 (The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program). A request for Reward Redemption from the transferee's legal spouse or domestic partner must be submitted to Rewards Program Guest Services with the Authorization to Transfer Points form.
    5. Once the authorization for transfer is received and processed, the transferee relinquishes all rights to the transferred Points, and they become the legal spouse's or domestic partner's Points.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to combine rewards with spouse for a single stay
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

My wife and I both use Marriott Visa Signature credit card for charges, and even though the card numbers are different, the charges - and points - accrue to my account. Our Marriott Reward card (for identification) is only listed in my name, so reward points automatically are credited to my account. This seems to be the easiest way to manage points, unless, however, your wife wants to build her own credit and points records via her own purchases.

I've previously transferred points to not only my wife, but also grandchildren for award nights, but I had to contact Marriott reservations to do so, and then after they confirmed the reservation in whom ever's name would be staying at the hotel, Marriott sent me an email confirmation, and I just forwarded it to the recipient (in my case, grandchild). They were able to use this record at time of hotel check-in. When I used points for my grandchild's honeymoon in Europe, I advised Marriott they would be arriving on honeymoon and the hotel provided a nice upgrade with bottle of wine and treats in their room.

Fred S.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...