20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2016 2:00 AM by ziad RSS

We spoke and they still don't want to listen....

mekgolfski Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

First they eliminate the E135 Reward...then the hocus-pokus with Platinum arrival gifts ...the reality is that our points

are worth much less than in the past - our perks are significantly reduced - upgrades (depending upon the hotel) are

a total fabrication - often saying none are available (especially at resorts) when you can book them on line for

revenue nights ....and then to add insult to injury - these for me have been one or two night stays where the level of

room is clearly available.

I truly feel that Marriott has lost the emphasis on customer loyalty and appropriate rewards....so much so the I have

asked for and received a tier match from Hyatt and Hilton....fewer nights to achieve the same or greater level of guest

appreciation....The Platinum arrival wine (rot-gut) is not even sold in the Outback Steakhouse - no less a quality restaurant.

Hyatt give you a choice of 2 airport size bottles of top shelf liquor upon arrival...a truly nice way to relax!

Get with the program Marriott....Your properties are becoming dated - your shampoo - conditioner - and lotion went out

of style in the 80's....

LOVE US OR WE'LL LEAVE YOU!

AND THIS FROM A VERY DISAPPOINTED LIFETIME PLATINUM

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: We spoke and they still don't want to listen....
    mekgolfski Platinum 1 Reviews

oops....I meant E195....$1000.00 for 135,000 points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, there are a lot of loyal Marriott folks who are (and continue to be) upset by the ending of the $1000 in Marriott cheques for 135,000 points. Now, I think it has been replaced with a $1000 gift card for over 200,000 points or some other ridiculously high amount of points. Another stick in the eye to the loyal member base.

erc Platinum

$1000 gift cards now go for 255,000 points (man, if this had been a stock we all had invested in, there'd be a lot less complaining on this forum ).

tef, would you kindly drop me a note with a couple of your restaurant picks for Indianapolis - I'm at the JW in September - thank you

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I'm still hoping they'll have a Christmas special on the gift cards again.  It would be nice if they would reduce some of the points rather than to just offer 10 points per dollar on those we bought.

floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

i gave some of my remaining certificates to a client to use at an Autograph Collections hotel in Tallahassee.  i had stayed there before and used them for my room and dinner.  Hotel told client they do not accept the certificates and they expired before my client could try to use them at another marriott property.  i was totally embarrassed and then pissed that $300 in certificates went unused.  I have about 20 remaining that exp end of year - will be using them on my next vacation.  too bad i lost out on $300 of these babies.  Already missing these great rewards........

erc:

255,000 points.....WOW! Goes to show how much I've not looked since they ended the good deal.

I'll send you a Direct message on Indy restaurants.

erc Platinum

For sure, if you blink you get all sorts of surprises upon return. Thank goodness the properties are still, for the most part effectively operated. Thanks for the Indy info.

erc:

I have attempted to send you a Direct message. each time the site closed me out so I just sent you my e-mail in a Direct message to contact me so I can discuss Indy restaurants. I hope you got it.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Give St. Elmo's a try!

You can walk out the front of The JW, and about a block away!  Very historic steakhouse!

If you like steaks, you may also want to try Don Shula's!

Good luck, and enjoy a very nice CL!

erc Platinum

St. Elmo's it is - tef recommended the same place, so it's a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

groucho4444 Silver

St Elmos, awesome steakhouse in DT INdy

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I mentioned to the desk clerk this morning that I was using the last E195 cheque I had.  He told me they had to quit using them because the paper had been compromised with a lot of counterfeiting going on with them.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Well, it seems like Marriott is listening, at least much of the time....  The question is what that means...

• Keep in mind that a lot of things that folks on this site (including me) complain about are high-level policy decisions, driven by economics and business, that involved lots (OK, gazillions) of travelers (and, when it's all said and done, those of us who are active on this site are relatively (very) few in numbers) - after all, Marriott is a (very big, global) business, so most of our comments are statistically insignificant (even if theymight contain anecdotally potentially important information) - in other words, perspective is everything;
    • We've seen plenty of evidence recently that the Marriott associates monitor this site, comment frequently, suggest solutions, fix things, and (arguably, too often) share our/your pain when we/you complain; and
    • It's clear that - at some level - Marriott is reviewing the Hotel Reviews we post.  I've now posted 20+ property reviews.  I recently gave a property a low (2-star) rating - in retrospect, I am now assuming this was the lowest rating I've given - and I promptly received a lengthy (assumed auto-generated) message from Marriott.  Among other things, it said: "We received your comments regarding the [specific property].  Please accept our apology the hotel did not meet the level of quality you have come to expect from Marriott.  Such feedback is greatly valued and used to enhance our guest's experiences.  Because you have voiced your concerns on social media, we have forwarded your comments to the Executive Offices of the hotel.  We have asked them to contact you regarding your comments within 24 to 48 hours."  OK - so someone is paying attention (or the system generates that message anytime your rating contains less than 3 stars - I dunno).  Good for them....
      • And, while I don't want to argue with myself, it's interesting that Marriott did not hesitate to pierce the veil of anonymity to contact me when it came to a hotel review.  I've never assumed our identifies were secure on this site, but I don't include my name or photo in my profile or posts (whereas others have no hesitation doing so), but it's a good reminder for anyone who (incorrectly) thinks that they are any more anonymous here than anywhere else in the cyber-social community.
      • and ... true to their word (above), I did receive a call from management, even if it wasn't a particularly satisfying call - I told the caller that I wasn't unhappy, that - as I noted in my review - this particular property wasn't really my style (for this type of travel), that I thought I explained (in my review) exactly what disappointed me, that I was an (extremely) loyal Marriott customer, and I wasn't looking for a refund or something like that - rather, I'd just gotten into the habit of reviewing properties on Marriott Insiders, I called 'em as I saw 'em, and (apparently) this was the most negative review I'd posted....  That was about it.  Oh well....

Just my two cents, for better or worse....

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Wow, just saw the new JD Powers survey results on hotels.

Ritz Carlton is on top for luxury but the next time Marriott appears is extended stay with TownPlace Suites!

YIKES - Marriott IS my favorite brand so I am shocked to not see FS Marriott, RI, Renaissance, etc. not winning a spot.

I have never participated in this survey so I don't know what is asked.  Responses are, they say, from 68,700 guests.

ziad Silver

I've missed rewards last Year , send many mails and calls but nothing added to my account

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...