9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 11:54 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Cleveland, Ohio, I need Help!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Headed to Beachwood, Ohio in October for Halloween and three nights.  I have been there before, but can't anything to do, can you suggest activities?

It is appreciated, and probably will go to the "Rock and Roll, Hall of Fame"!

Please let me know!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Beachwood, Ohio, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood
  • Re: Cleveland, Ohio, I need Help!
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

I asked a co-worker that lives in Cleveland and he suggested the following.  Take a trip over to the west side market and brewery district next to the west side market.  Some brewery places over there and he suggested the following for great local restaurants:  GreenHouse Tavern or Melt or Momocho (reservations required here)

He's going to ask his wife (she's lived there longer) for any other "must do" type things.

Hope that helps

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

When we stayed downtown at the Residence Inn (a pretty cool building and a nice stay and still a Cat. 4) we had a very nice meal at   Michael Symon's Lola Bistro and enjoyed walking around (we caught a ball game - but not in October of course, but Richard III is at the Playhouse, if you're looking for a horse). My pals say the Hall of Fame was fun, so you're on the right track.  Are you going as a Platinum Premier for Halloween - oops sorry, ooga booga clause #116, the powers that be have spoken , oh well you're certainly Premier in my book - Keep on keepin' on my friend.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Definitely see what is playing at one of the historic theaters in Playhouse Square. I drove up to Cleveland (from Columbus) this last weekend to see a performance and was amazed by the collection of beautifully restored theaters. Most date back the 1920s and were saved from demolition in the 1960s. They have been restored to their original splendor. Well worth a visit. It might be the highlight of your trip.

Plenty of restaurants nearby as well.

Brian

bejacob,

Great suggestion, as we enjoy the theatre!

Will look and see what shows are available!

Thanks so much, and please keep posting your travel suggestions!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I think Lola is great.  I was disappointed with Greenhouse Tavern.  It sits right next to Lola.  I was also disappointed with Momocho.  For both places, I could have ordered wrong (I felt Greenhouse Tavern showed more potential than Momocho).  I think though if you are only going out to dinner for one night, Lola would have to be the pick.  Their beef cheek pierogi is very good as well as their french toast with bacon ice cream.

If you have time and you enjoy ice cream, head out to Chagrin Halls (a suburb of Cleveland) for Jeni's ice cream--even though the Chagrin Falls property is not the original location, Jeni's is one of the best ice cream shops in the country.

Good luck with your trip and I hope you enjoy your time there.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

By the way, I stayed at the Beachwood Fairfield Inn.  The biggest problem was the very poor A/C, but I guess that wouldn't be an issue in October.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jerrycoin,

If you're lucky maybe the Ram will be in town playing the Browns, you could always go and get a seat in the dog pound with your Rams jersey on!

stxdiva Platinum

Hi there,

I'm a Shaker Heights transplant--it's been awhile but there really are some great things to do in, around and from that area believe it or not.  Don't know if you have family or kids with you but here are a few suggestions whether you do or not. BTW, all of the places mentioned to you by others are great too. If you had more time, there are several excellent wineries just east of where you are going that are just great to hang out, especially during the weekdays.  Chalet Debonne in Madison, Ohio about an hour east of Cleveland is about the best.

• Mario's International Spa & Hotel is fabulous and they have an incredible restaurant, the Cabin.

Aurora Spa & Hotel and The Cabin Restaurant
    35 East Garfield Road

Aurora, Ohio 44202

Ph: 330.562.9171

Toll: 888.4.MISPA.1

Fax: 330.562.2386

• Beachwood Mall, if you like to shop it's a really great mall with lots of shops, top department stores and restaurants, and it's probably right down the street from where you are staying
    • Aurora Farms, the most amazing outlet mall with a bazillion fabulous, fabulous, wonderful shops.  plan on spending the day.
    • the Cleveland Zoo.  This one is not just for kids.  A really well kept secret for those who don't live in Cleveland, this is a great place to visit, especially the Rainforest
    • The Cleveland Symphony
    • The Art Museum

Good luck, safe travels and if I can be of further assistance before or during your stay, let me know.

Message was edited by: stxdiva

stxdiva,

Thank-you!

This sounds like a great plan!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...