3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 6:41 AM by laurac RSS

When you are treated as family, you feel at home, even on the road!

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So my second nomination for the 'Spirit to Serve' recognition is Jeri, the front desk manager at the Fairfield in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  This is a very new property that has become my favorite in Cedar Rapids based solely on their incredible staff lead by Jeri.  I have spent much of the past year doing consulting work in Cedar Rapids with a client that has brought me back time and time again since 2009.  I have stayed at the other Marriott properties in the area, but none compare to the staff of this Fairfield Inn.  It is a farther drive to my client's site buy quite worth it.  I have never encountered another manager so devoted to her guests, her inn, and her day to day work.  Jeri always welcomes you with a warm smile and treats her guests as family back in town for a visit rather than just another customer paying for a night on the road.  It may sound like a subtle difference but, to a road warrior, this makes all the difference in the world.  Her dedication is beyond compare as I have found her on site even on her days off dealing with all the issues of a newly opened hotel, training new staff, fixing the faulty room key machine, directing maintenance to get the hot water running in a snow storm, and anything/everything else needed to make the day-to-day business a sure success.  Jeri is among the finest I have met at scores of Marriott hotels over the past decade of heavy business travel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
  • Re: When you are treated as family, you feel at home, even on the road!
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, texasvoyager, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate Jeri for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

So, did Jeri get the recognition she so greatly deserves?

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, texasvoyager. Your nominations have been forwarded to the General Manager of the associate's hotel. It is at the discretion of the manager to notify the associate and present the "Spirit to Serve" award, so the timing does vary. Usually the managers will let us know when the associate has received the award, although we are still working to optimize this process to make sure we can notify you when the nomination has been communicated and when the award has been presented. I will reach out to the managers to see if I can find out more for you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...