7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2015 5:20 PM by travelbuff RSS

Help?

travelbuff Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are currently gold status .  We only need 3 nights to maintain and 28 nights to platinum.  Does anyone have tips to get to platinum faster and is there a way to get permanent status.?  We also have 1 million plus points.  How many points needed for permanent platinum?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

The fastest way to add to your elite nights if you dont have it already is the Chase Marriott card.  Not sure on all of them but the black one gives you 15 elite nights/year as a perk, which would quickly vault you up towards plat. for the year.

For lifetime status you can look at https://www.marriott.com/marriott/rewards/elite-benefits.mi

Lifetime Silver Elite250 nights + 1.2 million points
    Lifetime Gold Elite500 nights + 1.6 million points
    Lifetime Platinum Elite750 nights + 2 million points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

and I think there might be a thing that says you have to have been that level to get it as a lifetime in addition to the other bits.  I'd call and talk to the MR folks to make sure.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

zukracer you must have gotten me by a mere few seconds........nicely done!

just lucky this time, happened to be looking at the navigation thread alert I got and figured "hey I know this one" so I'd chime in LOL

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You can get to Platinum faster by spending a lot of nights in a hotel and or spend like crazy on your Marriott Credit card!!   Here are the requirements to achieve lifetime status in MR, but you will have to call Customer Service to learn how many points you have earned in MR.  Your total nights are listed in your MR account.

https://www.marriott.com/marriott/rewards/elite-benefits.mi

Best of luck attaining these levels.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

travelbuff,

Marriott also has a "Taste of Platinum" challenge that might work for you.  You can start this challenge whenever, but I'd recommend doing it like the second day of a month before you think you might have several stays coming in the next 3-4 months.  It used to be that it took a specific number of nights stayed during the full 3 months and the partial month that you started it, but now I believe it's a specific number of stays, instead of a number of nights.  You get promoted to Platinum for that time, and if you meet the stays needed to match the challenge, you keep the Platinum status for the remainder of the year, and then a full year after.  Contact Customer Care and ask about this.  Here is a link to a newer article that might explain it a little more, or let me know if you have any more questions.

Marriott Status Match Silver, Gold & Platinum – Taste of Silver, Gold or Platinum | LoyaltyLobby

travelbuff Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for all info, have been platinum two years now.  Still learning benefits!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...