3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 11:02 PM by jerrycoin RSS

School summer break in UK-bad time to travel?

wnc Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone have recommendations for or against travel in the United Kingdom during their school summer break? I believe it begins about July 23...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chester, England
  • Re: School summer break in UK-bad time to travel?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

wnc,

That is a great time to travel in GB!

Anytime is special there.  Let us at MRI know where you are going are want to go, and let us try to help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wnc Silver

Thanks for the offer to help. I'm remembering some past trips and depending on when I hit the island, it was either wide open for accommodations or I'd get the last room that the town tourism office knew was available.  So, I'm trying to weigh whether I need to reserve accommodations (other than the first and last nights) or can wing it on a spontaneous trip.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

wnc,

Would book reservations w/o deposit, and know you have a room, if you need it.  You won't spend as much time "Evaluating" rooms and more time enjoying yourself!  If it's Marriott properties you usually can cancel rooms late in the day with no penalty or cost!

I had someone advise me to just get a room in London when I arrived.  That was a bad idea.  Their was an Auto Show, and I wound up in a real dump, and was glad to get anything!

Lastly, "The peace of mind", can have a calming effect, on a potentially stressful day"!

Good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...