5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 11:31 AM by red-in-la RSS

Burbank or Pasadena?

koufaxfan Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a trip in a couple of weeks, to visit the Reagan Library, take a Warner Bros. tour, and of course, see a couple of Dodger games!  Looking at the Courtyard in Pasadena, and the Residence Inn in Burbank.  Burbank is looking more upscale, but traffic is a concern, as the hotel site says to expect delays on I-5.  Pasadena Courtyard area looks older, but a little closer in.  Any experiences to share here?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Burbank, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Burbank Downtown
Pasadena, California, USA Courtyard By Marriott
  • Re: Burbank or Pasadena?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

KoufaxFan,

I've visited Burbank many times over the past 12 years and its one of my favorite spots in CA.  The majority of my stays in Burbank have been at the Courtyard property on Empire Ave.  My last visit to Burbank in Feb was at the Burbank Marriott Airport (attending a conference).  I've stayed away from the Residence Inn because its so close to I-5 and many people have complained about highway noise there and since it's in a downtown location you also have to pay for parking there.  The Courtyard by Marriott is in a quiet location, has free parking, and feels almost like a resort with the large courtyard surrounded by palm trees, fire-pit, and tiki torches in addition to a large outdoor pool and whirlpool.  This Courtyard is well maintained, each room has a refrigerator, and also still offers a breakfast buffet instead of the Bistro.  The hotel is also in walking distance to several restaurants & stores located in the Empire Shopping Center.

The Burbank Marriott Airport is also a very nice full service hotel which has two pools (one for each tower).  During my last stay I was upgraded to an executive suite which was very spacious.  The Daily Grill, hotel's restaurant, is also an excellent spot to dine.  The only downside to this hotel is the daily parking fee.  Both the Courtyard and Marriott are close to I-5, and the studios (Warner Brothers & Universal).

As far as getting to Dodger's Stadium you could always take the Metrolink or Amtrak Train from Burbank to Union Station and then catch the Dodger Stadium Express to the stadium.  That way you won't have to worry about the traffic.  http://www.metrolinktrains.com/news/promotions_detail/title/Dodger_Express_2013

I hope this helps...Let me know if I can answer any more questions about Burbank for you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

boatpi Platinum 1 Reviews

The Pasadena Courtyard is a nice hotel.  just 1 block to all shops and places to eat, all by walking. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

boatpi,

Good suggestion!

That should be a great time!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I haven't stayed at either hotel, but I prefer the Pasadena area.  The only Marriott I have stayed at in LA is the JW Marriott LA LIVE, which is very nice but also very pricey.  They will soon be building a Marriott brand complex across the street from the JW Marriott and I think it will be a much better value (I think it is going to be a tower with half-Residence Inn and half-Courtyard).

I hope you have a nice, fun and safe trip.

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

Don't know if this is too late, but try the Warner Center Marriott.  Close to the 101/134 freeway for the baseball games and closer than Pasadena going to the library with traffic. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...