4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2015 8:57 AM by lbjdublin RSS

World Golf Villiage Renaissance - St. Augustine FL.  What did you think?

RLW Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm considering a trip in August to St. Augustine and see the World Golf Villiage as a possible stay opportunity. Anyone have a review on the property? I've stayed at the Casa Monica in St. Augustine but want to try something different. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Augustine, Florida, USA Renaissance Hotels World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
  • Re: World Golf Villiage Renaissance - St. Augustine FL.  What did you think?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We stayed there in Feb 2011 for 5 days.  Really liked the fact it is away from everything, and great for walking.  Not a golfer so no info on it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

we stayed at both properties December 2012. Casa Monica was better particularly for visiting st Augustine old town.

But we had no complaints with the world golf resort. this was one of the hotels we used our category 4 certificates in. we didn't play golf but visited the IMAX theatre which was very good: http://www.worldgolfimax.com/

also we visited the serenata beach club: http://www.serenataclub.com/?full

entry was free, just ask the front desk for the details.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Loved the Casa Monica.  I haven't stayed at WGV but I would highly recommend Sawgrass Marriott, which is not too far from there.

Sawgrass Marriott Golf

Location Brand Hotel
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
    lbjdublin Silver

This is an awful hotel,not up to Marriott standard or Renaissance standards either.The biggest issue is the atrium design where all the bedrooms are opening on to a central atrium which houses the front desk,bar , restaurant and gift shop And a loud waterfall that doesn't get turned off at nighttime.There is a large gap under each bedroom door that allows noise from the activities below to travel and enter the room.The first room that I was allocated has a continuous humming noise that turned out to be from the lift.The hotel was not full but I was allocated a room with a known problem.I moved to another room on the same floor ,the 8th,and was still kept awake by the noise from the bar downstairs and general coming and goings in the lobby as well as the aforementioned waterfall.In the morning ,it turns out that the shower didn't work and the phone was also out of order.The restaurant is vile with a very limited menu.The attitude of the front desk at checkout was disgraceful.They were not interested in making offer to compensate for the awful stay.This hotel is isolated and there were no other dining options nearby .I would give this kip a miss and any of the other Marriott offerings in the area would have to be better.

Marriott needs to get rid of this hotel, it does not fit in with their ethos at all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...