2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 9:11 AM by anadyr RSS

Who needs nights?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Who needs nights?
    erc Platinum

Another good find Anadyr, your recon skills continue to serve the forum well, thanks. As a partner in businesses with fixed assets like buildings, I can appreciate the value of 'making the asset work for you'. When Marriott announced a while back free Wi-Fi in their lobbies, I understood the decision because I could sense the purpose behind it (drive business to their lounges, and now with the new look lobby designs, it all comes together) but similar to some of the examples  in the article (and some of my own I might add), sometimes a highly successful ancillary activity can diminish your core customer service level if not carefully monitored. It will be interesting to see how Marriott manages the situation should lobby demand grow so much that it eats property internet capability (way beyond my tech understanding) or floor traffic comfort.

On a side note, the Wardman Park Marriott Washington DC (near the zoo) sells summer memberships to their pool.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Who needs nights?
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This harkens back to the days when everyone considered a hotel the place to go, and that was without staying a night.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...