4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 12:15 PM by b.g.dixon RSS

Is Hotel Occupancy Rate a Secret?

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A July 4th stay at a Courtyard resulted in the front desk agent refusing to disclose the occupancy rate.  I find that strange.  Why should a guest not know if a hotel they are staying in is full or empty.  What is the logic behind that.......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is Hotel Occupancy Rate a Secret?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It's like Area 51, a need to know basis and the guest has no need to know!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Because if you knew it was empty, you'd request a room away from the other guests, on different floor, etc. That burdens housekeeping to go to clean your room.

And they might have to give you an upgrade!  This way they can say that none are available

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Wow,

What a question?  I wish I would have thought of this one!

Maybe, they really don't won't you to know their situation.

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

Hi jerrycoin,

You guessed it.  That was might thought too.  I did get a nice arrival gift from the GM & Sales Director.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...