6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2013 11:38 PM by jerrycoin RSS

July 5th "On Hold" for Marriott Rewards

jlajhb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It is now 11:21 am eastern time. I have been on hold awaiting the next available representative since 10:19am. 62 minutes and going for a Company that 's only function is providing service. Maybe since they added old Mitt Romney to the board of directors the Marriott group has decided to downsize or outsource this function. 2512 nights with this Company. Never had to wait this long with anyone, ever........... now 68 minutes and still the fun goes on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: July 5th "On Hold" for Marriott Rewards
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  that is unacceptable.  did you finally get your business completed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I have had this happen with other providers (not Marriott) and THINK that on-hold calls sometimes get "lost" in the phone system.  Had this happen with my health insurance and Southwest.  Both times after hanging on for more than 10 minutes I hung up, called back and my call was taken with very little wait.  I am not making excuses, but in the couple times this happened to me, I think it was a glitch in the system what resulted in poor service.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

After about 15 minutes or so I typically assume something's gone wrong, hang up, and redial.  Of course when it's a toll-free call I've been known to turn on the squawk box, put down the handset, and work on something productive till I hear them finally come on.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I guess my question is why you would stay on hold for over an hour.  Have you thought about hanging up and calling back later...maybe they won't be so busy...or maybe the phone lines might be working better/correctly? 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jlajhb,

That is sad!

There is no excuse for that!

txnroses Platinum

I too usually just place call on speaker and go about my normal routines until they answer.  At times frustration levels increase and I hang up and call again....... and like others, I usually do not have a long wait the second time. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...