6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2008 1:06 PM by jennlaneku RSS

Hawaii

skistowe Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone booked hotels in Hawaii using points? What are the best places to stay. Does Marriott offer a concierge service to help you arrange a trip airfare and all?

• Re: Hawaii
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

We have stayed at the Kauai Marriott Resort using points.  Kauai is our favorite island, and it's a great resort.  Also, a couple tips on booking Hawaii using points: Book early, and be flexible.  Book on the inernet if you can, and you can always cancel later if your plans change.  It seems that the Maui resorts are the first get get booked up, while the Marriott resort on the Big Island almost always seems to have the best availability.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

reddogsox Silver

Last year, we booked our honeymoon to the Kaui Marriott in Lihue using points. I highly recommend the "hotel + air" travel package which is what we did. It cost us about 200,000 points which includes 7 nights hotel AND a transfer of 70,000 airline miles  (enough for two round trip flights) to your favorite airline frequent flyer account. I think this is by far the best value with using points.

You have to book your own flights using the airline miles, but it's worth the effort. I recommend planning this way in advance since flights for 35,000 miles can sometimes be hard to come by, depending on the airline you are going through.  

Also, if you wanted to travel around Hawaii over the course of a week, they also have a hotel sampler travel package for 150,000.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shipleywins Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree with the post about the Lihue Marriott. The hotel, beach and pool are great and in a perfect location to get to all the points of interest on the island. You can rent a Hertz car AT the hotel and save on the airport fee and only have the car for the days you want to use it. We used a 6 day and a 3-day award together and wished we could have stayed longer.

While there, we went to the Vacation Club Sales Center and bought one week at Waiohai Beach Club, but still spend a day or two before or after at the Marriott.

rjatjax Platinum 1 Reviews

If you are looking for an amazing experience I would recommend the JW Marriot at Ihilani.  My wife and I used a 7-night stay at that location in 2006 and found the resort amazing in itself and from its location.

Removed from the hustle of Waikiki, you are still only a 30 minute (tops!) drive back to that area.  Around the resort itself are multiple man made lagoons allowing the enjoyment of the ocean and sealife under controlled conditions more so than open surf.  The japanese restaurant as well as the breakfast buffet were stellar at the hotel.

I cannot offer much insight into the air travel as we used points tied into the VIP vacation package to fly.

jennlaneku Silver 1 Reviews
    We booked 3 nights at the JW Marriott on Honolulu to start off our honeymoon -- we used Marriott points.  You can either call the Marriott Rewards or use the Marriott website to book using points.  However, I would suggest calling....the sales people know any of the current deals going on and can helps you upgrade if needed....we upgraded our room by using some type of "certificates". 

jennlaneku Silver 1 Reviews
    We booked 3 nights at the JW Marriott on Honolulu to start off our honeymoon -- we used Marriott points.  You can either call the Marriott Rewards or use the Marriott website to book using points.  However, I would suggest calling....the sales people know any of the current deals going on and can helps you upgrade if needed....we upgraded our room by using some type of "certificates". 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...