4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 10:38 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Nebraska Golfing Anyone?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

NU Husker,

I know you enjoy your golf and wanted to share some courses with you in The Cornhusker State!

If you or anyone has played at one of these interesting courses, please share your experiences with us!

About 300 miles NW, of Omaha is the small town of Mullen, Nebraska.  There is a famous Golf Course there:

Sand Hill Golf Club, 36410 Sand Hills Road, 308-546-2237, This historic course, boasts "Old fashioned" facilities, and a wonderful setting!  It is not far from "Carhenge", in Alliance, Nebraska.  The RR town boasts exactly like the name implies!

Other courses of interest:

Dismal River Golf Club,  83040 Dismal River Trail, 308-546-2900.  dismalriver.com

This course is less than ten miles away but slow going since there is no direct highway to Dismal River!  This course made history when Speaker John Boehner shot a two under par round there and called it a very "Challenging" course!

Wild Horse Golf Club,  41150 Es #768, 308-537-7700, playwildhorse.com

This course is public, and green fees are $40.  It is near the historic "Pony Express" town of Gothenburg!

The Prairie Club, 88897 State Hwy., 97, 888-402-1101, theprairieclub.com

This is an "Upscale" club, with modern facilities.  Green fees from $ 165, and rooms go for $295 and up!  This is a former cattle ranch and is the areas premier golf resort.  It opened in 2019!  This sounds like a great place to play golf and have a cold beer!

Again, if someone can add to information on the wonderful Nebraska courses, please do!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Omaha, Nebraska, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Omaha Marriott
  • Re: Nebraska Golfing Anyone?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

what a great idea to share Golf courses!  Do you enjoy playing or simply reviewing?

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman,

Both!  But more important, I just enjoy living! 

Thought NU would enjoy these "Out of The Way" hidden Nebraska treasures!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I've played Wild Horse, but I have to say it's really out in the middle of nowhere.  I was driving from Omaha to Denver and played 18 and stayed overnight in North Platte.  I'd like to Play Prarie club...it's on my list.  I really like Quarry Oaks between Omaha and Lincoln.  Thanks for telling us about these gems.

NU,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Sand Hill is historic, but I can't totally tell you why!

These courses look like a lot of fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...