2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2014 8:25 PM by subman RSS

Instant Redemption

angimike Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My family is headed to Grand Cayman next week and I have been trying to use my Rewards points towards an in-house gift card for dining, gift shop, the spa, etc.   The Rewards gift cards are actual plastic cards which take 7-10 days to process then are mailed to you, which seems archaic to me,  The electronic gift cards are issued by a third party and cannot be purchased with Rewards points and according to the front office manager at the property this particular hotel does not participate in the Instant Redemption program.  I am a platinum member staying at Marriott hotels over 100 nights a year and  I have hundreds of thousands of Rewards points.  Could someone please explain to me how we can put a man on the moon but I am unable to use my points when I want to use them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Instant Redemption
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Easy answer, Marriott!

Enjoy Grand Cayman, love to see your thoughts on the property and room when you return.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Instant Redemption
    subman Platinum

I used points for a $500 instant redemption reward to convert an all inclusive stay at Curacao in Aug 2013.  So apparently some resorts outside the US honor the program.  Unless that has changed since then. I guess I need to call St. Kitts because I'm planning to do the same there in Dec this year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...