7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 7:50 AM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott going high tech

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I love this idea of checking in by smartphone, but I'm wondering how it will handle upgrades - if at all.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile-check-mobile-travelers-marriott-150900795.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott going high tech
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

mikiegfla,

I wonder the same.  Hopefully some Elite members who have used the app can share their experiences with Insiders.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

I just upgraded my Marriott Android app from 2.0.2 to 3.0 and I still do not see anything that mentions Remote Check In.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

mikiegfla & curiousone,

I was reading an article on USA today about the new app feature.  The article mentions that you would be able to check in after 4pm prior to the day of arrival.  The article also mentions that Starwood's Aloft Hotels also have an app with a check-in feature.  The big difference there is the customer who opts in has a room key that can be reprogrammed for each individual stay meaning they can bypass the front desk altogether.

Marriott hotels expand mobile check-in

karen1027 Platinum 2 Reviews

NOt sure how this would save time If you still have stop and get a key

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I wonder by checking in the day before as the article mentions, one might possibly get better chance of best available room and/or upgrade? I like the re programmable room key idea

curiousone Platinum

My Marriott app has now upgraded to 3.0.4 and supposedly has the remote check in feature. This must be something that becomes available when you are in the check-in window, because I still do not see anything that refers to remote check-in on the app. I can try it next Monday when I arrive at the JW Marriott Union Square in San Francisco.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I am not the best when it come to technical platforms and such, but maybe when you have a reservation at one of the few hotels that offers check-in via the app it will become available for you when the clock hits the magic number of hours prior and you're signed into your account?  Just a wild early morning thought!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...