5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2015 9:21 AM by rb84 RSS

Pet Friendly Hotel?

sunlover50 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any Marriott Residence Inn or Marriott Towne Place Suites that are not "Pet friendly"? Customers who are allergic to cats or dogs have a lot of difficulty finding a Marriott Hotel with kitchenette, but "Pet free". We can't fin one in East Florida.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pet Friendly Hotel?
    icarus Platinum

I recently asked this question due to both my wife and son's extreme sensitivity to Pet Dander and I was told that even though a property is labeled 'Pet Friendly', there are a few rooms in each of the 'Pet Friendly' properties that remain 'Pet Free'.

Though this may be the case, I personally can not risk it.

P.S.  I would love to see a Filter for 'No Pets Allowed' or something similar under Advanced Search.

Don't know how helpful this is...Good Luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lovesbama Silver 1 Reviews

I have several family members who are highly allergic to cats and dogs and would love to see more Pet Free places to reserve.  I was told that when a pet does stay in a room that a special cleaning service is contracted to come in and clean the room to remove dander...????  How do we know this is really happening?

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Very good post.  Very skeptical that "special" cleaning can work for those who have allergies.

herakain Silver

It has been a nightmare trying to find a pet-free hotel to stay in and as a long standing Marriott customer I am absolutely appalled at how they've decided to allow dogs and cats to stay in once seemingly clean brands like Residence Inn, TownPlace Suites and Springhill! Why in the world would they allow these pets to turn their rooms into urine infested, pet dander-ed dwellings?

The worst is that they'll tell you that they've blocked off rooms for people with pets but this is NOT true. I found out the hard way that it's NOT engraved in stone. You can't even ask them for a room that hasn't had a pet in it for at least 30 days! They don't keep track of that! So lo and behold, I enter a room that has a slightly odd odor, I turn on the A/C to cool off the place (I was in AZ) and what happens? Pet hair comes flying out!

It was all I could do to make it to the drugstore and get some Claritin while I called in another prescription for the medication that my doctor prescribed - all because they've decided that pet owners are more important than the health of their customers. It's the very reason why there's no  more smoking in hotels! Because it's unhealthy and no one wants to breathe this in!

So the bottom line is that if they tell you that they've cleaned each room extensively or that they block off rooms, really check your room thoroughly (including turning on the A/C and then waiting) because they most likely have I idea whether the room has had a pet in it or not. Your health, your clothes and your sense of smell will thank you later!

rb84 Platinum

I Agree with others that the "cleaning" may not get all evidence of a previous pet. A guest pays up to $100 for this cleaning, so a more through cleaning would help. I recently noticed a RI that would take the room out of service and clean the carpets after a pet guest. That's the way to do it well.  As far as the impossibility of finding a hotel without pet dirty rooms....you should look for full service Marriott, most Courtyards and most Fairfields. They typically don't allow pets.

I enjoy RI and SHS brands and have never had a problem. If i did, I would request a different room. I'm not allergic to pet hair so that may lessen any impact upon me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...