3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 3:19 PM by madmax RSS

Marriott Insider, a new tool to pad stats on other travel sites????

vegasvictim Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Question, why does Marriott want eveyrone to get on here and write about their travels?  We are all reward members so we already know that Marriott is superior to Hilton, I dont need a reason to book a Marriott property.

Are they trying to turn this into facebook OR a hook up site?

Maybe our comments will all feed into Orbitz, Hotel.com and other travel sites to make the Marriott properties more appealing?

I ask the questions, you answer...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Insider, a new tool to pad stats on other travel sites????
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

vegas,

I am not sure why Marriott feels this site is important to the travel industry, but imho I enjoy looking for information from others who have already been to an area or specific hotel I am interested in, in hopes to gain insight to the best hotel to stay in an area or best local attraction near a certain hotel. I have been able to access which Marriott to stay at in an area that has a plethora of hotel types by listening to very good information from other MIs. I have also learned some of the ins and outs of reserving hotels, getting the best rooms, how to be granted upgrades, etc. all by looking up information on this site. I don't do facebook so I cannot compare how this site is to it and as far as a "hook up" site, I have been able to hook up great deals from insight from others on this site. I also have enjoyed seeing some pics of different Marriott hotels that are not shown on their websites, such as the inside of rooms, views to ask for at specific hotels, etc...

I hope this intrigues you to delve further into the site and see what all it has to offer. I have been travelling and staying at Marriott hotels for over 15 years but I have only been on the site and a member for about a year. However, I have learned so much about alot of things and visited with alot of nice people that I otherwise would not have known without checking out the site. I'm glad I joined and I hope you will be as well.

Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Well put madmax.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Thanks. I am by no way computer literate so I have major troubles using the site sometimes, but I would much prefer hearing from discussions on this site than reviews of hotels on other sites. It is much more personal and every once in a while (really???) you can hear or even participate in vents about something that gets under your craw...and quit following if it gets out of control LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...